Last Updated on
Veneers were designed to restore your teeth back to health. This means that after treatment you should be able to use your teeth as normal.
Veneers should not hinder your biting and chewing in any way. There should also be minimal changes to your speech.
Once veneers have been constructed and fitted your teeth they will be very durable and strong. In fact, they will protect the underlying tooth tissue from external acidic erosion and tooth wear. Reasons to have veneers.
How do we ensure that you can eat comfortably with your veneers?
We tackle this problem with your Trial Smile.
A Trial Smile is an extra step we incorporate during the veneer making process. It is fitted onto your teeth on day one – which is usually the teeth preparation day. After this, it usually takes two weeks to construct porcelain or laboratory-made composite veneers.
During this time you will be using your Trial Smile Veneers which have been stuck to your teeth using a semi-permanent bond. We can implement your Trial Smile at our Hertfordshire clinic.
Trial Smile Veneers are made as close to the actual planned smile design as possible. After their fitting, you will be asked to make a Trial Smile Review appointment. In this appointment, we will evaluate how you feel about your new smile and veneers. Transform your smile with us.
The Trial Smile Veneers serve two purposes:
- You are able to check out whether you are happy with the aesthetics. If you are not then we can easily make any necessary changes and adjustments. This means that your final teeth will be exactly as you want them to be. This step gives you total control of how your teeth will end up looking.
- We are able to check to see if your bite patterns are stable and harmonious. Since the Trial Smile is made of a type of plastic and it is stuck to your teeth using a semi-permanent bond only, if you were to put excessive forces on any of the veneered teeth, then they would break off at this stage. It then gives us an opportunity to re-calculate and re-check your teeth. We can then make the necessary adjustments in your final teeth to remove these damaging forces.
Teeth that are in the correct position and angulation will not cause any future problems and you will be able to eat comfortably with them.
We stock all brands, Durathin, Lumineers etc. Our Hertfordshire clinic carries out a range of dental veneer treatments designed to improve your smile.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot