Things we look at when analyzing your teeth specifically for orthodontic treatment
At the Perfect Smile Studios we only suggest suitable treatment options that are specific to you after a detailed orthodontic assessment at one of our clinics.
In your assessment we not only analyze the most suitable option to straighten your teeth but also look at other aspects of your mouth such as your bite, jaw joints , gum foundation and structural integrity of your teeth. Your assessment can taken anything from 2-3 hours long.
We have designed this assessment in such a way because we believe that every aspect of your mouth is an individual piece of a bigger picture. We need to make sure that there is harmony in every aspect to create a balanced and smooth functioning mouth. This is the key to your dental success.
Once we have assessed your mouth we can then highlight which teeth straightening treatments are specifically applicable to you. There are multiple teeth straightening options available in today’s innovative era. We will help you to choose the right one. Our dentists have undergone intensive training to ensure the best possible treatment results.
Things we look at when analyzing your teeth specifically for orthodontic treatment:
- Teeth width, depth and height / Tooth shape / Extent of crowding
- Spaces – too much or too little / Arch width – to wide, narrow or normal
- Canine distance / Overbite and overjet measurements
- Missing teeth / Open bite / Underbite
- Gum condition / Teeth condition
- Jaw joints / Facial muscles of mastication
- Current speech / The relationship of the lower jaw to the upper jaw
- Habits such as grinding or clenching your teeth.
What the Orthodontic Examination will involve?
In your Orthodontic examination as well as assessing your teeth we will need to take some Orthodontic records to help facilitate the diagnosis.
Records we will need:
- Digital intra-oral and extra-oral photographs / Digital radiographs (x-rays)
- Scan of your teeth or impressions for your models
We also use various diagnostic aids to help with our diagnosis such as Digital Analysis and 3D computer simulations.
Choosing the correct treatment
Once we have all the information we need, we will then be in a position to provide the most suitable choices of corrective treatment for you. Your treatment choices will be based upon your unique set of circumstances and foundation of your jaws, teeth and gums.
We will then customize your unique treatment plan to suit your specific treatment needs and aesthetic requirements. It is your choice as to what Perfect Smile clinic you would like to use, many of our South London patients like to visit us at our Harley Street branch in South Kensington.
For more information on our assessments click here.