Occasionally too much gum showing when you smile or an uneven gum line where the gum meets the teeth can cause disharmony in your smile.
There are simple treatments available that can eliminate these problems in a quick and efficient way restoring your natural smile.
During the clinical exam there are core questions that need to be answered by assessing the face:
1. Upper and Lower Face height ratio ( ideal is 1:1 )
2. Lip length ( should be 20 -24mm) and lip mobility from rest to full smile (should be 6-8mm)
3. Gum (Gingival) outline should be straight
4. Tooth length
5. Cemento - enamel junction detected by probe
The treatment of the gummy disease depends on the causes outlined:
1. Upper lip issues
2. Short Clinical Crown
The treatment options for the above include crown lengthening
3. Dento-alveolar Extrusion (Over erupted teeth) where there is concave gum outline
The treatment options for the above include
With orthodontic intrusion - this takes 6-12 months and relapse can be high or having retainers after treatment is important
4. Vertical Maxillary Excess - i.e. excess length of maxilla - Where the lower 1/3 facial height is less than mid facial 1/3
This often come with multiple problems eg short or hyper mobile lip, and altered passive eruption thus there are multiple treatment options which include Orthognathic surgery, Botox , Crown lengthening Or a Combination of above
Combine your gum treatments with other dental treatments from The Perfect Smile Studios.