Veneers to hide receding gums
Bleeding gums are one of the first visible warning signs of gum disease.
Gum disease is the leading cause of premature tooth loss in adults in the UK. Your gums become swollen and it is often painful.
Gum veneers have been in clinical use for over 50 years and are a predictable, inexpensive, non-invasive, effective and aesthetically pleasing way of replacing lost gum tissue.
Target receding gums with gum veneers
It is imperative to maintain excellence in oral care and hygiene.
The recession of the gums is often thought to be a sign of ageing, but it is most commonly linked to gum disease.
Gum veneers are removable devices made of acrylic.
The process can take a period of a few weeks to create.
The procedure usually involves the following appointments:
- An initial impression of the mouth to allow a special accurate tray to be constructed: This special tray will allow for a better impression to be taken and thus an accurate fit of the gum veneer. Digital photographs will also be taken on this visit.
- A secondary impression is taken of the mouth in the special tray: A shade match is taken of the gum tissue to create a good match. On occasions, the patient may need to visit the laboratory to get the best possible shade for the gum colour.
- A preview of the gum veneers will be sent on a model constructed of wax: The patient may either accept the new look or request changes then return for a secondary preview.
- The gum veneer, constructed from a special acrylic material is fitted: The fit is checked and your orthodontist will offer instructions on how to place and remove the veneer along with oral hygiene care advice.
- A review appointment: To check patients’ satisfaction, aesthetics, fit and oral hygiene.
Gum veneer technology provides a great smile, lifting patients’ confidence and making them feel more attractive.
Our flexible gum veneers are carefully crafted to your individual needs by highly experienced technicians. The benefits have enabled many patients to smile again with confidence.
We are at this stage able to assist you with potential options available to you.
Depending on your requirements we can customize and tailor-make individual treatments plan to suit your needs and budgets.
The process starts with a discovery consultation where we discuss your needs and requirements.
We can also carry out a FREE Computerised Photographic Assessment, which can help you to understand the possibilities.
There is no obligation to continue treatment. But you will have a great opportunity to understand more about your mouth and the possibilities we have to offer you.