Lifetime or short time
Even the human body doesn’t last forever. This is especially true with the body or in this case, teeth that are undergoing continuous wear and tear. Even natural teeth wear down over time. The most common question patients have is Do Veneers Fall off?
However, Veneers are created with longevity in mind. So when we create veneers we want to give them the best chance possible for survival and ensure long-lasting treatment. We do this in several ways:
- Aesthetic dentistry is often elective. This means that it is done as an additional option and not as a necessity. So if we are going to elect for improving your aesthetics you should fully understand its implications and limitations. This can be discussed in a complimentary consultation to give you an idea and an understanding of the various possibilities. If you want specific answers then you can have a detailed comprehensive assessment carried out whereby we will be able to answer your questions in more detail and as they specifically apply to you.
- Firstly we ensure that we have thoroughly investigated and carefully planned your mouth. This gives us the fullest information possible about the foundation of your teeth on which we are to build the new smile. It is also important to us that we devise a way of creating a new smile that is in accordance with your smile requirements.
- After your assessment, we then carry out a very detailed and in-depth Treatment Planning. This helps us to create a Treatment Plan that is highly compatible with your unique circumstances and mouth. This treatment selection process is very important to ensure the longevity of treatment.
- Thereafter, we use only the very best materials, systems, techniques and clinicians that are highly qualified to perform the treatment. Cutting corners can compromise your treatment.
- We then need to understand exactly what type of foundation your teeth have and how your jaws work dynamically with each other in different motions. This gives us an idea of the “spaces” in which we can add veneers without causing too much impingement upon the normal functioning of the teeth. If we do want to change the original bite and foundation then we must plan to do this very carefully with decisive checks along the way. This is where the Trial Smile helps out a great deal in making sure that you are comfortable with the new teeth before we go to a final fitting. Find out more.
- The most important point of all is that the right type of treatment is chosen for the right case. This involves customizing the veneers to the individual smile design. Hence the Smile Design and chosen type of veneers matter a great deal. Our clinicians are hugely skilled at advising the correct treatment choices for you.
- Finally, we make sure that the construction of the veneers is absolutely highest in quality to give the treatment the best chance of lasting a long time. This means that both the dentist and the ceramist must be highly skilled and experienced in designing, constructing and fitting of the veneers. They also must be able to work together cohesively as a team as this treatment requires highly organized teamwork.
- Once treatment is done, we then place you on a maintenance program that allows us to check carefully at regular intervals how your teeth and smile are doing. This program consists of the dentist checking factors that they noted in the clinical assessment and the hygiene therapist following a prescribed treatment plan from the dentist. This monitoring is critical to be alerted of any changes sooner rather than later. Aftercare.
- We also encourage you to contact us should you feel even the slightest concern about your teeth.
If strict protocols are followed as we do at the Perfect Smile Studios, then the likelihood of any veneer treatment failing is rare
It is also essential that your veneers are taken care of after the veneers have been fitted to your teeth. The better you take care of then the longer they will last. In order to optimize the lifetime of a veneer, you must follow a good oral hygiene regime at home and continue to have regular checks with both the dentist and the hygienist. We will plan to ensure you choose the right veneers for your smile.