Last Updated on
Many factors affect the price of veneers and hence the fee quoted to you will be dependent upon your specific case.
This is because there are now so many different techniques, brands and types of material that we can make veneers out of. Costs
The fee is planned according to the type of veneer selected and that which is the most compatible to you when you have your clinical assessment.
We will be able to provide you with a better understanding and provide an estimate of treatments in your complimentary consultation.
Cost of Veneer treatment depends on
- Whether any preliminary work is required.
- This can be to restore the teeth and gums to health before cosmetic work is started.
- Or it could be alignment work to re-position the teeth correctly to minimize the preparation involved in veneer treatment.
- It may also involve any preliminary diagnostics that are required to plan the correct treatment.
For example “articulated wax-ups”, these are models of your teeth that have been changed to the new teeth positions that also assimilate how you speak and chew food.
It provides a huge amount of information as to the correct type of treatment for you. Read more.
- Bite issues. If you have pre-existing bite problems then we will need to address these as part of a preliminary treatment plan.
This will ensure that your new teeth are set on the perfect foundation for success.
- The type of veneer system. There are now a varied array of porcelains and how they are made.
Hence the type of veneers possible also vary. Your dentist will select the most appropriate type of veneers for you during your clinical assessment.
- The type of smile required. Are you looking for the perfect smile or just some smile enhancements?
If you are looking for a perfect smile where do you fall on the spectrum of “perfect”?
More complexities of treatment are needed when designing a smile that is perfect as opposed to simple improvements in appearance.
- Are you looking for shape changes as well as colour and position changes?
Also, how many teeth are we considering to be part of the new smile change?
The answers to most of these questions will be addressed when the aesthetic dentist designs your new smile according to your Smile Analysis.
The fee for your treatment will be based upon your specific needs.
- We will look to see what type of work you already have on your teeth.
On many occasions, we may need to replace this work so that these teeth “fit” in with the new work and aesthetically your teeth all look symmetrical and alike.
- The treatment fee will also be dependent upon the clinical experience and skill of the clinician that is treating you.
Those dentists that have a huge amount of experience and have carried out a multitude of cases already will have a fuller understanding of the science behind beautiful smiles and what it will take to customize your smile to perfectly match your requirements.
Also, they will have more technical know-how of the various technologies and innovations available to give you longer lasting dentistry. Read more.
- The fee will also be dependent upon the ceramist or laboratory used to create your work.
Of course, the higher-end laboratories use premium materials and have higher skilled technicians that produce work akin to expensive jewellery which is uniquely crafted.
These laboratories will charge more than simpler technicians that carry out basic work.
As you can see the cost of veneer treatment is varied and dependent upon each case.
Book your consultation today
We carry out all our dependable treatments at our Hertford clinic.
You can book a complimentary consultation appointment at one of our consulting rooms in London or Hertfordshire.
Call us on 01992 552115 for more information on how we can help you.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot