This would depend on what you mean by a “new” mouth.
There are many ways of creating a “new mouth”. This could be by restoring your existing teeth to look aesthetically more pleasing with porcelain or filling materials; by re-aligning your teeth to create straighter looking teeth; or by replacing any missing teeth.
If we were to replace your missing teeth we would need to work out whether a denture, a bridge or implants would be the most suitable option for you. In some cases, we may need to use a combination of treatment modalities. Not only this but each scenario would have other multiple choices of options to carry out the treatment.
Hence, the cost of treatment would depend upon your pre-existing foundation and your specific requirements for establishing a “new” mouth. Do you want to transform your smile?
In order to work out the best way forward for you, we would need to carry out a series of evaluations and perform a detailed assessment of your current foundation.
We would need to assess all of the following to formulate a Treatment Pan:
- Biological status of your teeth, gums, bone and soft tissues. We would need to understand if there is any pre-existing infection if so this will need to be addressed beforehand.
- Structural Integrity of each and every tooth in your mouth. We would need to work out which teeth to save and which teeth are not good enough any more. Indeed, there may be other teeth that are compromised but still useful to keep. Although, we would not formulate a long-term treatment plan around these compromised teeth.
- The number of remaining teeth. Building a “new mouth” would be dependent upon how many teeth we have to work with in the first place – do all the teeth need replacing or just some of them? The more teeth that are required to change the more complex the treatment plan and hence the greater the fee for your treatment.
- Your Bite. You may need some work to restore the balance and stability of your chewing functions.
- Your cosmetic needs. If you require more advanced complex aesthetic finishing as in a perfect smile then this will require a greater level of cosmetic work and hence contribute to a higher fee.
- The treatment options available to you. Your fee for treatment will be dependent on your choices of treatments.
- Your budget for treatment. In many cases, we can work to fit treatment into your budget. We also offer finance plans that can make your treatment more affordable too.
- If a laboratory is required for the treatment then this will be included in the final cost.
The key to the success of any Treatment Plan is the careful analysis of the pre-existing condition and then to carefully select the most appropriate treatments that would be the most compatible in those circumstances.
You can book a free consultation at our London or Hertfordshire consulting rooms.