Single to Full Mouth Implants
Ideally, dental implants are not a type of treatment that should be performed with the thought of replacement in the future.
Since, it is a surgical procedure that is invasive and is carried out within the jaw bone, we tend to treatment plan with the intention of it lasting a lifetime through careful attention.
However, the top part of the connection can easily be replaced should there be chips in it or a change of colour is required.
But the actual dental implant within the bone was not intended to be replaced.
However, there may be several situations that may accelerate the deterioration and thus require the dental implant to be replaced sooner rather than later. Find out more.
The primary reason would be poor oral hygiene and inadequate hygiene visits after placement thus leading to infection.
Infected dental implants are like gum disease that can detach the gum and bone from the implant thus causing it to loosen up. Contact us today.
When this happens the implant can no longer support the teeth and there is a risk of further infection setting in.
In this situation the implant dentist may advise to “extract” the dental implant depending on how advanced the deterioration is.
If a new implant is required your dentist will look into your options at that point depending upon how you heal, the success of any gum treatment and the foundation of your mouth.
We are proud to have the latest technology and equipment at our practice
Replacing an implant: we can analyse what caused the implant to fail when bonding with the jaw, and offer various treatments options in replacing it.
Ways of increasing the likelihood of dental implants to last a lifetime:
- Proper Treatment Planning using 3D digital analysis, bite analysis, foundational assessment, radiographs (X-rays) and a CT scanner. Correct planning in advance and assessment of any risk factors beforehand is the key to a successful treatment outcome. Our experienced implant dentists have the highest protocols that they follow to ensure that everything has been thoroughly investigated and planned. Also, that you have been provided with the most suitable and appropriate treatment choices that ensure a successful long-term solution. See options.
- Use of CT Guided Digital Surgery. This is when a digital scanner is used in combination with a CT scanner to create a 3D guide plane that facilitates the accurate positioning of the implant in the jawbone. This ensures accuracy and facilitated detailed planning.
- Proper healing time to ensure osseointegration of the bone to the implant. Our implant dentists wait to see digital and radiographic evidence to make sure that there is a proper connection between the interface of the titanium dental implant and the patient’s bone tissue. Only then do we proceed with creating a permanent porcelain tooth on top of the implant. Traditional dental implants are also not load bearing in these early days soon after surgery, giving proper opportunity of the body to heal.
- Evaluating any risk factors beforehand to make sure that we give the dental implant treatment every opportunity to work and be effective. Also if there are any predisposing factors such as smoking that we address these things before considering implant treatment.
- Proper advise and instructions are necessary to maintain the health of your mouth and dental implants. Regular appointment with the hygienist and dentist can ensure that your treatment is as successful as possible.
If your implant has failed, it can cause inflammation and sometimes discomfort.
We recommend contacting us for a free consultation on how we can help.
Book an appointment today for a free consultation and see how we can help in replacing your dental implant.
With over 25 years of experience with dental implants, we will make it possible for you to achieve your perfect smile.
4.6 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 starsposted 1 month ago
I can't thank Gurs, David, Katie and all the staff at perfect smile enough. It was a massive decision for me to have all the treatment I needed to include bone grafting, implants, veneers, root canal, crown replacement, inlays and whitening but they have all been fantastic. I wasn't the easiest patient but they took the time to make me fell at ease and were at the end of the phone anytime I had any concerns. The transformation is incredible and I can finally smile with confidence and no longer worry about being in company. Thank you
1 out of 5 starsposted 3 weeks ago
Over priced, pushing for more than required & basically out for every penny that can get from a patient !
Why dental implants are right for you
Contact us for any questions, requests and further information; or to arrange a FREE Initial Consultation.
Our free no obligation Initial Consultation will be with our dentist and/or our Treatment Coordinators. The suitability of options discussed will ultimately be dependent upon your clinical assessment with a dentist at the practice.