Last Updated on
Get an instant smile makeover with composite veneers
We see thousands of patients each year and have performed many smile makeovers.
Dr Rahul Doshi established The Perfect Smile Studios in 1994 with the intention of providing world-class cosmetic dental care to patients in and around Hertford. All of the cosmetic dentists have many years of experience in the field as well as a warm and friendly manner to make even the most nervous patients feel at ease.
“I cannot recommend this team enough. by having your teeth cared for by these professionals you join a family and they will always do what is best for you and I know you will be 100% happy every time you visit them.
I had 4 veneers done 5 years ago and have been regularly attending for dentist and hygienist appointments ever since. I trust them to do the best for me and I love my appointments as they are always so lovely” Joanne McCarthy, January 2018.
Composite Veneers are the affordable option
Composite veneers are made from an acrylic resin which is then bonded on to your tooth.
Composite veneers cost less than porcelain veneers making them an affordable option for many.
Composite veneers generally have a shorter lifespan than porcelain veneers. This is because the acrylic resin is less durable than porcelain. Have a look at our porcelain dental veneer options.
We offer Immediate Veneers
Our clients love our immediate composite veneers as they require little to no tooth preparation. Immediate veneers can usually be fitted in one appointment.
Immediate Veneers cost from £600 per tooth
Pay for your veneers upfront or apply for one of our attractive finance packages.
Click here to see our veneer price plans.
Essentially there are three types of composite veneers that are available: Direct, Indirect and Prefabricated.
Direct Composite Veneers: these veneers are made of filled resins and have a “plastic” appearance. These are made in the surgery directly onto your teeth. It only takes a single appointment to cosmetically enhance your teeth with direct composite veneers. State of the are nanotechnology allows us to create beautiful veneers in a day.
Indirect Composite Veneers: these are made in the laboratory. When they are sent to the laboratory harder plastics can be used to produce longer lasting hardened composite veneers. They look and feel similar to porcelain veneers and are bonded to your teeth on a separate appointment in a similar way.
Prefabricated Veneers For Teeth: These are pre-made and are chosen according to the colour and size required. They are made from a patented nano-hybrid composites using modern laser technology. These veneers are laser sintered and this allows these composite veneers to retain their lustre for longer than normal composite veneers. These veneers are often termed one day, same day, instant or immediate veneers.
After an in-depth discussion with you regarding your exact requirements, our cosmetic dentist will examine your teeth and the way your jaw functions. Thereafter they will plan a design for you and work out your most appropriate and suitable options. Your dentist will then discuss all the various advantages and disadvantages as applied to your unique situation. They will then help guide you to your best solution.
The first initial consultation is free of charge.
MAKING A SMILE BEAUTIFUL IN A SINGLE VISIT
Never before has it been feasible to directly create the natural shape and youthful luminance of a tooth, so easily and perfectly in one appointment.
Immediate teeth Veneers (or sometimes also called Instant Direct Veneers) are used to create beautiful looking teeth in a single visit.
There are 3 methods that involve the creation of immediate veneers. They include:
- There are a variety of products including the state-of-the-art Edelweiss or Componeers that are used in this technique to alter the shape form and colour of your teeth. These veneers are laser-sintered creating a polished look that does not roughen with time. This technique is also a minimally invasive veneer technique which means it is very conservative and preservative in its approach. There are only a handful of dental practices offering this modern veneer technique. It is now possible to work with these prefabricated veneers (made from patented nano-hybrid composite and modern laser technology ). The shapes of these veneers have been made to create the most pleasing appearance after research and study in the shape of beautiful looking teeth. We can transform either two, four or six front, upper or lower teeth with this process.
- Using composite as material to create a new smile. This can often be done if the patients have gaps between the teeth, have stained teeth, worn down or short teeth, and with teeth with narrow smiles. Composite veneers cannot be used if the teeth are prominent or there is more than mild crowding of teeth. There a variety of composite materials available that we use depending on the type of look desired. The composite material should be manufactured with nanotechnology so as to create a better polish to the veneers.
- Porcelain veneers can be used if used with a scanner such as iTero, Cerec, Carestream or 3Shape. The veneers can be created chairside by a sophisticated milling machine which creates the veneers to the desired digital design. These veneers are able to be used in wider scenarios such as teeth with mild crowding or prominence. These are not direct veneers but are classified as indirect veneers.
The disadvantage of immediate veneers is that the patient is not able to try out the new look before accepting the final look. A trial of the new look in situ is desired as patients have the ability to be review and ensure they will be happy with the final look, but may not be possible with immediate veneers.
A preview is available with digital smile design, wax up on models, sometimes a mock-up and digital imaging that can give an indication of the new look.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot