Last Updated on
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers, Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
Immediate Veneers make it possible to recreate the natural shape and luminance of a real tooth in just one appointment.
With Immediate Teeth Veneers (or sometimes also called Instant Direct Veneers), you can enter our practice feeling uncomfortable about your smile and leave our approved practice feeling happy with a new and beautiful set of teeth (in a single visit).
What are immediate veneers suitable for?
Immediate veneers typically are used to fix worn down teeth. The composite material has been designed to close gaps and improve imperfections caused by a crooked smile.
As these veneers are shaped by hand, the skill of a professional technician is required. As this is not a fixed treatment, it requires high-quality sculpting of the translucent material to cover the existing teeth and ensuring they have not been harmed or damaged in the process.
There are 3 methods and stages involved in the creation of immediate veneers:
- There are a variety of products including the state-of-the-art Edelweiss or Componeers that are used in this technique to alter the shape, contour and colour of your teeth.
These veneers are laser sintered creating a polished look that does not roughen with time. This is also a minimally invasive veneer technique, which means it is very conservative and preservative in its approach.
There are only a handful of dental clinics and specialists offering this modern veneer correction treatment. See the cost of immediate veneers.
It is now possible to work with these prefabricated veneers (made from patented nano-hybrid composite and modern laser technology). The shells and crowns of these veneers have been made to create the most pleasing appearance after research and study in the shape of beautiful looking teeth. We can transform either two, four or six front, upper or lower teeth with this process.
2. Using composite as material to create a new smile.
This can often be done if the patients have gapped, crooked, chipped, worn or broken teeth. As well as problems with staining, discolouration, sensitivity and narrow smiles. Composite veneers cannot be used if the teeth are prominent, protruding or there is more than mild crowding of teeth.
There a variety of composite materials available that we use depending on the type of look desired. The composite material should be manufactured with nanotechnology so as to create a better polish to the veneers.
3. The assessment, diagnosis and Xray.
Porcelain veneers can be used with a scanner such as iTero, Cerec, Carestream or 3Shape. The veneers can be created by a milling machine in the laboratory that creates the veneers to the desired digital design.
These veneers treatments are able to be used in wider scenarios such as teeth with mild crowding or prominence. These are not direct veneers but are classified as indirect veneers.
Immediate veneers are sculpted on your teeth rather than in a lab.
The disadvantage of immediate veneers is that the patient is not able to try out the new look before accepting the final look.
A trial of the new look in situ is desired as patients have the ability to be review and ensure they will be happy with the final look, but may not be possible with immediate veneers.
A preview is available with digital smile design, wax upon models, sometimes a mock-up and digital imaging that can give an indication of the new look.
Can composite veneers break easily?
Composite veneers cannot be broken easily and differ from porcelain veneers in this way. There can be a number of reasons why composite veneers can chip, the most common being biting, chewing and grinding (bruxism). However, if they happen to become damaged they are quickly repaired in one appointment, which is not true for porcelain veneers.
We can usually see new patients within a week.
Please note the first appointment is free of charge. This will be an informal discussion and assessment of your dental requirements and explain to you the range of veneers and costs.
This is so that we can understand your concerns, explain what options may be suitable for you, and provide further details of each treatment type.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Dental Veneers Guide
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Error: The account for perfectsmile needs to be reconnected.
Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page