Last Updated on
Lumineers are state of the art porcelain veneers requiring minimal preparation and no pain
This alternative approach to cosmetic dentistry is a pioneering treatment that allows corrections to be made in a smile without any discomfort. Ideal treatment if you don’t want braces.
Lumineers are custom designed veneers that do not involve any drilling or anaesthetic injections. They are adhesively bonded to the front surface of your teeth to improve and enhance their appearance.
Both dentist and patients benefit from tooth preservation and this is a great addition to the cosmetic dentistry options we can choose from.
It is an alternative treatment option and compliments other cosmetic enhancements like short-term cosmetic orthodontic treatments such as Six Month Smiles.
Benefits of Veneers
- It is a fast and efficient cosmetic system that enables a new smile to be created without any complexities.
- It is a very comfortable procedure and a person can have an enhanced superior smile with ease.
- The entire procedure is completely painless since no anaesthetic or drilling is required.
- There will be no sensitivity issues because no dentine will be exposed.
- The whole experience from the first visit to smiling with your new smile is a quick, simple and easy process.
- Suitable for Worn / Chipped teeth / Crooked teeth / Stained teeth
- Renewing old dental work
- Spaced teeth or discoloured teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Ideal treatment if you don’t want braces
Lumineers Teeth Preparation & Costs
It can take 2 appointments for simpler cases where a limited number of teeth are involved. But for more involved and fuller smile makeovers an additional review appointment is possible. The review will be of a Trial Smile that Dr Doshi can place on your teeth.
The Trial Smile is a temporary smile fitted over your teeth for a few days.
It gives you the opportunity to literally “try-out” your new smile before you have the final veneers fitted. We will then be able to make any necessary adjustments before the final result giving you greater control and input into your smile.
The Lumineer Process
- We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your unique new smile.
- We will then create a Trial Smile. This is a temporary smile fitted over your teeth for a few days. It gives you the opportunity to literally “try-out” your new smile before you have the final result.
- This is a review appointment allowing for any necessary adjustments and thus giving you greater control of your end result.
- Your final teeth will then be fitted with your new smile.
- This appointment gives you the opportunity to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements.
Are Dental Lumineers Right for Me?
Lumineers are not the only no-preparation no drill system of veneers available on the market. There are others such as Ultrathin Veneers and Durathin Veneers. It is important for the dentist to assess your teeth and then advise the correct system for you.
You can find out more information about Lumineers: minimal preparation veneers by visiting: Cosmetic Dentistry Guide.
At The Perfect Smile Studios, we pride ourselves in creating Smiles2SuitU. This is where after a very detailed comprehensive assessment and full understanding of what you are trying to achieve in cosmetic enhancement, we will design your new smile to specifically suit you.
We will formulate a smile design and create the correct style of teeth and colour that will make your new smile perfect for you.
He has a huge armamentarium of cosmetic dentistry systems and treatments to choose from including, Lumineers, Durathin Veneers, and Ultrathin Veneers. He is an advocate for interdisciplinary dentistry and hence will look at all the possibilities available to make your smile as ideal as possible.
Our main aim will be to exceed your expectations at every level. He is looking to provide you with a stunning long lasting smile of your choice that is built on a sound healthy foundation.
We would like to invite you to a complimentary consultation so that we can share all the possibilities in cosmetic dentistry with you.
How do you plan and design my veneer treatment?
The process starts with a FREE discovery consultation where we discuss your needs and requirements with a Computerised Photographic Assessment to help you understand the possibilities.
We are at this stage able to assist you with potential options available to you. Depending on your requirements we can customise and tailor-make individual treatments plans to suit your needs and budgets.
You can opt for simple procedures to more complex involved treatments plans to produce your beautiful new smile. Our aim is to answer your questions and provide you with advantages and disadvantages.
We can also provide you with a computer-aided smile analysis and a handcrafted Trial Preview, to gives you the opportunity to see your smile before we even touch your teeth. We also use Bite Analysis technology to ensure a long lasting, comfortable and a healthy final result.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot