Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
Lumineers are a type of veneer treatment that is able to solve a multitude of dental problems and issues.
Easy to apply – they can be fitted in just two simple appointments.
A relaxed treatment option, Lumineers can be the perfect solution to fix discoloured, chipped and overlapping teeth.
With Lumineers patients can expect:
- Remove spacing and gaps
- Align crooked teeth (fast alternative to braces and orthodontic treatments)
- Reshaping of misshapen teeth
- Restore cracked teeth
Brighten stained teeth forever: What are Lumineers?
Discolouration and staining are common problems and whilst teeth whitening is a popular treatment, it’s not always consistent in eliminating all stains permanently.
Lumineers are the better choice as they provide long-lasting white smiles that are resilient regardless of what you eat or drink.
Drinking coffee and red wine is safe with veneers. Read more about staining here.
Lumineers come highly recommended
- This alternative approach to cosmetic dentistry is a pioneering treatment that allows corrections to be made in a smile without any discomfort.
- Ideal treatment if you don’t want braces and have minimal gaps.
- Lumineers are custom-designed veneers that can remove the need for any drilling or anaesthetic injections. See: What’s the difference between lumineers and veneers?
- They are adhesively bonded to the front surface of your teeth to improve and enhance their appearance.
Lumineers is an alternative treatment option for those who don’t want braces or standard veneers.
It can be used to complement other short-term cosmetic orthodontic treatments such as Six Month Smiles.
Benefits & advantages of Lumineers
- It is a fast and efficient cosmetic system that enables a new smile to be created usually without any complexities
- It is a more comfortable procedure and you can achieve an improved smile
- The entire procedure is often painless, no anaesthetic or drilling is required
- There will be no sensitivity issues because no dentine will be exposed
- The whole experience from the first visit to showing off your new smile is a quick, simple and easy process
- Suitable for worn, chipped, crooked, stained teeth
- Can be an additional treatment for renewing old dental work
- Can be used to fix chipped, cracked, crooked or gapped teeth
Compare the difference: Lumineers vs Veneers here.
Lumineers Require Little Teeth Preparation
The treatment can take two appointments for simpler cases where a limited number of teeth are involved.
For more complex smile makeovers an additional review appointment is possible.
The Trial Smile is a temporary smile fitted over your teeth for a few days.
It allows you to “try-out” your new smile before you have the final veneers fitted.
We will then be able to make any necessary adjustments before the final result, giving you greater control and input into your smile.
- We start with a thorough examination and assessment, then construct a personalised treatment plan from our diagnosis.
- After this important step, we create a Trial Smile. This is a temporary smile fitted over your teeth for a few days.
- This is a review appointment allowing for any necessary adjustments and thus giving you greater control of your end result.
- Your final teeth will then be fitted and you will be left with your new, sparkling smile.
- The review appointment gives you the opportunity to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements.
Are dental Lumineers right for me?
- Lumineers are not the only no-preparation no drill system of veneers available on the market.
- There are other brands such as Ultrathin Veneers and Durathin Veneers.
- For safety, it is required for the dentist to assess your teeth and then advise the correct system for you.
- You can find out more information about Lumineers minimal preparation veneers by visiting: Cosmetic Dentistry Guide.
Call 01992 552115.
How do you plan and design my treatment?
The process starts with a FREE discovery consultation where we discuss your needs and requirements with a computerised photographic assessment to help you understand the possibilities.
Depending on your requirements we can customise and custom-make individual treatment plans to suit your dental requirements and budget.
You can opt for simple procedures to more complex involved treatment plans to produce your amazing new smile.
We aim to answer your questions and provide you with advantages and disadvantages.
- We can also provide you with a computer-aided smile analysis, Xray and a handcrafted Trial Preview, which allows you to see your smile before we even touch your teeth
- We also use Bite Analysis technology to ensure a long-lasting, comfortable and a healthy final result
Call 01992 552115.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Lumineer Advice & Information
Dr Gurs Sehmi is one of the main published authors of our online featured news and articles.
As a dental expert and veneer specialist, he is more than equipped to provide you with the answers and advice you may need moving forward.
- Lumineer payment plans
- Renew your current set
- Lumineer before and after gallery
- Aftercare tips
- Lumineers is a long-lasting brand
- Easy eating
- Complete list of benefits
- BACD veneer pamphlet
- How they are applied to teeth (non-invasive)
- Minimal prep required
- How veneers are bonded to your teeth
- Lumineers vs veneers
- Does the Lumineer application hurt?
Restored, natural smiles
Will my Lumineers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth.
To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
The popular choice for correcting imperfections
One of the reasons that Lumineers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically improve the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter and aligned looking teeth
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Can limit the damage caused by gum disease or tooth decay
- Difficult to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Artistic success achieved in just a few appointments
|Step 1: Comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: The trial smile|
|Step 3: Review & shade selection|
|Step 4: The fitting appointment|
|Step 5: The final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in Lumineers
An exceptional level of patient support: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of knowledge, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
A number of factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic lumineers. However, they are typically priced between £850 to £950 per tooth.
Compare other veneer system prices below:
|Composite Veneers||£600 to £750 per tooth|
|Immediate Veneers||£600 to £750 per tooth|
|Ultrathin Veneers||£980 to £1200 per tooth|
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot