Several Dental Treatments are considered as Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is an umbrella term for a huge array of different treatments that are all aimed at improving the look of your teeth and smile.
Any treatment that can change any of the following can contribute to a cosmetic treatment plan:
- We can change the shape of your teeth using porcelain or composite restorations in treatments such as veneers, crowns and fillings. We can also do cosmetic contouring work that simply alters the appearance of the tooth and it requires no materials only the artistic skill of the dentist. Whiten your teeth today.
- Many people seek out cosmetic dentistry to improve and whiten their teeth. Treatments can include teeth whitening treatments and veneer work. We are now able to change the colour and shade of the teeth to create stunning natural and realistic looking new teeth.
- We can either give the illusion of well aligned teeth with porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges or we can physically move the teeth into a better position using orthodontic teeth straightening treatments such as braces and clear aligners. At our Hertford practice, we offer a range of treatments that can straighten your teeth.
- Treatments that are corrective tend to restore the tooth back to its original aesthetic appearance. This is important in cases where the tooth is structurally very weakened or requires protection.
- Sometimes a patient may only want simply treatments that enhance the look of the overall or part of the smile. Treatments such as mini makeovers, teeth whitening and simple tooth coloured restorations fall into this category.
- Cosmetic dentistry may be required for teeth that also need structural protection. For example, heavily filled back teeth that are also important players in your bite may require crowns or onlays with protective features that better distributes the biting forces.
Many of the dental treatments that fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening
- Replacement tooth coloured restorations
- Fillings / Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Smile Makeovers
- Mini Smile Makeovers
- Clear Aligners
- Soft Tissue gum grafting for excessively receding gums
- Gum depigmentation
- Bone grafting to restore lost bone for aesthetics
- Any orthodontic teeth straightening treatments
If any treatment plan needs to have multiple of the above treatments as part of the overall plan, then the combination treatment plan will still use the principles of Smile Design. In this way we can using the different building blocks to achieve a great final aesthetic result.