For patients with crooked, out of place, gapped or crowded teeth Invisalign may be the perfect treatment option.
Individuals with bad teeth will understand how they can impact your confidence and lead to further health problems and oral threats in the future.
Traditionally, the easiest solution to correct this was with fixed braces. However, thanks to the latest innovations, we can now offer near-invisible brace treatments, like Invisalign.
Before you consider the treatment, here are a few factors to be aware of before you commence…
what needs to happen first
1. Your orthodontic examination assessing your teeth and gums in detail will highlight if you require any preliminary dental work before you commence with Invisalign or any other orthodontic treatment.
2. If you have any gum problems (gingivitis, gum disease or periodontal disease) then we will need to stabilize this before we commence any teeth straightening treatment.
3. Also, if you have any other dental conditions that are detrimental to you we will address this beforehand so that the orthodontic treatment can occur without any complications.
4. If you need other restorative or building-up work done on your teeth, then one of our expert dentists will advise you of this during your examination. Any teeth extractions may need to be done beforehand. However, your orthodontist will advise you of the best way to treat your teeth using a combination treatment plan with orthodontic treatment.
5. He or she may advise Invisalign before or after the restorative work depending on your situation.
The most important thing is the need to plan the Invisalign treatment to integrate precisely with your primary treatment plan for the entire mouth – to bring it back to health, aesthetics, and function.
At the Perfect Smile Studios, you will be given a precise stepwise plan of how your treatment will proceed.
You can book a complimentary consultation appointment at one of our consulting rooms in London or Hertfordshire.
Call us on 01992 827025 for more information on how we can help you.
your complete guide to invisalign
Thinking of pursuing the treatment? Below are helpful links and resources to educate you fully about the innovative treatment.
The process starts with a FREE discovery consultation where we discuss your needs and requirements with a Computerised Photographic Assessment to help you understand the possibilities.
We are at this stage, able to assist you with potential options available to you.
Depending on your requirements we can customize and tailor-make individual treatments plan to suit your needs and budgets.
We can also provide you with a computer-aided smile analysis and a handcrafted Trial Preview, to gives you the opportunity to see your smile before we even touch your teeth.
We also use Bite Analysis technology to ensure a long-lasting, comfortable and healthy final result.
Invisalign treatment can be used to widely correct many orthodontic issues.
The procedure solves oral problems like:
- Overcrowding, which causes crooked teeth
- Diastema; spaces between teeth
- Narrow buccal corridors also referred to as narrow smiles/arches
- Rotated teeth
For the best results, you will be required to wear your aligners for 22 hours each day. They can be removed to eat, drink, floss and brush.
Yes, in order to avoid retention, retainers are to be worn following treatment – the length of time will vary from patient to patient and will be advised by the dentist during your consultation.
We know that seeing is believing and with Invisalign SmileView, you can do exactly that; see your new smile.
All you need to do is upload a photo of yourself smiling to Invisalign in order to see how powerful the aligners could be to transform your smile and teeth.
You can upload via your mobile device and laptop and in just 30 seconds you can visualise what your smile could look like.
When visiting our practice for a consultation, we will show you a computer-generated simulation of your smile, so please do bear in mind that we will do extra work here to meet your requirements and expectations, so our results may vary slightly. But rest assured, the results will be great!
- Strengthens oral health
- Does not disrupt the day-to-day
- Treatment is done at home and in private
- Fewer dental appointments
- Monthly orthodontic readjustments
- More comfortable
- Results are noticeable in just a few weeks
- No wires, no brackets, no bands and no metal
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly skilled team that has access to the latest dental technology.
We’re rated five stars! Check us out.
One of the best Invisalign providers in not just the UK, but Europe. This status means the practice has completed hundreds and hundreds of Invisalign cases making them one of the most experienced Invisalign doctors.
Some discomfort can be experienced when wearing them for the first time as your mouth get used to them, however, this is nothing compared to the discomfort experienced when braces are tightened or placed. Made from SmartTrack materials, Invisalign is designed to be comfortable and non-disruptive to daily lives or activities.
You will be provided with spares in case this happens! However, if you have lost your spare you should get in touch with us immediately so we can organise for a new one to be sent to you.
compare invisalign against other brace systems
|Duration||Worn 22 hours a day (3-12 months)||Cemented 24/7 (18 months)|
|Maintenance||Aligners need to be kept clean by brushing and rinsing||Brush teeth whilst wearing braces and floss|
|Appointments||Initial consultation, fitting appointment and review||Regular visits to get braces tightened and final removal|
|Aftercare||Requires a retainer||Requires a retainer|
|Ideal for||Children, teens and adults||Complex dental problems|