People often assume that veneers are an expensive luxury and are only available to celebrities and the wealthy. But they might be more affordable than you think.
The fact that you can spread the cost of your veneer treatment with o% APR over 24 months means that it has become more accessible to patients.
Plus, many use veneers just for minor and moderate corrections, which does not result in overly expensive treatment.
So how much do veneers cost?
The exact fee can be worked out after a preliminary assessment distinguishing your personal needs and the type of work that needs to be done.
Main factors which impact the cost of treatment:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Lumineers or Ultrathin) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – e.g. if you require additional treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted.
It is in very rare cases that the NHS will provide veneers treatments. This is because they consider this procedure to be cosmetic.
Many other professional dentists agree that veneers not only improve your appearance and imperfections but also improve the overall hygiene and oral condition of your mouth.
For example, veneers treatments can correct a multitude of problems and threats like temporomandibular, tooth decay and dental sensitivity.
Other factors affecting the treatment fee include:
- The amount of preliminary work required to create the optimal foundation (patients suffering from gum disease will require prior treatment).
- The complexity of the smile design – some smiles require more intricate work than others so the work needed is dependent upon the type of smile required.
- The general health of the teeth and gums.
- The correction of any destructive bite factors – we need to create a harmonious and stable bite so that your treatment can last as long as possible.
- The pre-treatment position, shape, contour and colour of the teeth.
You can book a free consultation with our top cosmetic dentists who will be able to give you a detailed breakdown of the costs involved in creating your smile. Or learn about what most dentists won’t tell you about veneers here.
Our porcelain veneer prices
Veneer types (from cheapest to most expensive)
- Composite veneers: From £750. Take a look.
- Porcelain veneers: From £1,200. Take a look.
- Lumineers: £900 to £1,000 per tooth. Take a look.
- Ultrathin: £1,000 to £1,100 per tooth. Take a look.
Cheap veneers. Do they exist?
Spread the cost of veneers
We understand that it is not always possible to pay for veneers upfront so we offer a range of competitive finance packages.
Help with dental costs: With interest-free credit over 12 months or 24 months, or with Low APR interest for 36 months or more for treatment fee per veneer of £1,050.
- 12 monthly payments of £87.50; total amount payable £1,050.
- 24 monthly payments of £43.75; total amount payable £1,050.
- 36 or more monthly payments of £22.05; total amount payable £1,323.
If you want to spread the cost over a longer term, we have a new range of low APR extended payment options. This means cheaper monthly payments, helping make your dreams of a better smile and healthier teeth even easier.
All credit is subject to status. Finance is also available with no deposit*
Click on the calculator link at the bottom of the page for more details. For further information on interest-free and low-cost payment plans please click on the calculator below:
Other options for payment
There are other ways to pay for your veneers including credit cards, cash, cheque or BACS (If you are not using finance, you will pay for the veneers at your appointments. You will pay a deposit and your remaining balance will be taken at your final appointment.) There are other options to pay for your cosmetic treatments; you can pay upfront or choose one of our personalised finance plans. Please give us a call on 01992 552115 if you would like to discuss payment options further.
You might also be able to Pay with Insurance.
To book an appointment, or for any further questions give us a call on 01992 552115.
Simple Dental Finance Plans
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also how many veneers should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Improved, natural-looking appearance
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
The painless way to transform your teeth
Many people are unhappy with their natural teeth, whether it’s due to minor imperfections or major ones.
One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they have many advantages and can correct a multitude of dental problems such as:
- Gaps between teeth or Worn and chipped teeth
- Gummy Smiles or Fluorosis
- Crooked teeth or Discoloured teeth
The very experienced, Dr Sam Jethwa will assess and diagnose any issues that may be affecting your oral health.
For your veneer treatment to be successful and durable we will asssess the condition of your oral hygiene and ensure that we create a healthy and stable foundation for the veneers to be fitted.
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Straighter teeth
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
- Alleviates symptoms caused by gum disease and tooth decay
- Quick and often painless recovery
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: Comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: The trial smile|
|Step 3: Review & shade selection|
|Step 4: The fitting visit|
|Step 5: The final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
Composite vs Porcelain veneers
What is the difference between these two treatment types? Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are adhered to the outer surface of the tooth. Composite veneers use a resin that’s applied to the outer surface. Typically, because porcelain veneers are made from a stronger material they last longer. Composite veneers in this case are the more affordable option.
Both treatments are custom designed to match, or brighten your teeth.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on May 19, 2022