Ultrathin veneers allow you to achieve a stunning new smile with little to no tooth preparation required.
These veneers are often 0.2 – 0.4mm thick yet they are strong, long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing.
We can custom create the smile that you want for your front teeth in combination with Smile2SuitU.
A drive for new innovations and cutting edge technology (like teeth implants) has allowed for this less invasive dentistry approach.
How do ultrathin veneers differ?
This brand of veneers is a very popular choice amongst our patients, this is because of the quick and easy approach to cosmetic enhancements.
This is because the application requires minimal preparation of the teeth – very little enamel and tooth tissue is removed in order to achieve fantastic results.
Another advantage is that the treatment is very durable, this is because it does not weaken the internal structure and ensures the existing tooth remains intact.
Hence, this particular type of cosmetic treatment needs to be carried out by very highly recommended and skilled clinicians only, like Dr Sam Jethwa.
Our cosmetic specialist dentists in Hertfordshire have been able to produce many stunning results using Ultrathin Veneers and are well versed in the clinical techniques.
Ultrathin is made from IPS e.max lithium disilicate.
They can have a strength of 500 MPa strength and 2.0 – 2.5 MPa∙m1/2 fracture toughness.
This means that they can be made paper-thin, yet still have the strength to work with the bite forces generated in the mouth.
This particular type of veneer can be used as part of the Emax system where if used in combination with other treatments such as a crown, bridge or an implant, we can ensure a great colour match.
This is because Emax is layering porcelain that can be used for all types of porcelain restorations, thus creating the exact and uniform shade, texture and lustre for the entire smile.
Previous to Emax, the ability to create thin, strong, colour matched highly aesthetic veneers was very difficult.
This is because the porcelain of choice was feldspathic porcelain.
This type of porcelain is highly aesthetic but only had a fifth of the strength of Emax.
This means the thickness of these veneers had to be larger and ranged from 0.5mm to 0.7mm.
The manufacturing process of UltraThin Veneers can be challenging and requires a skilled and experienced ceramist technician to create them.
Achieving ultrathin veneers requires three appointments:
1) Teeth preparation and creation of a Trial Smile:
- Ultrathin veneers were designed with minimal preparation in mind.
- A little roughening of the enamel surface that is required to make a better bonding surface when the ultra-high gloss of our natural enamel has been removed.
- Otherwise, we are simply relying on the micromechanical retention of the etching agent during the bonding procedure.
- Further altering of the shape and size of the tooth may become necessary to provide the best aesthetics.
- Once the teeth have been prepared, the professional dentist will need to take various records that will allow the ceramist in the laboratory to create the Ultrathin veneers.
- These records can include impressions (moulds) of your teeth to create the working model; bite records to assimilate the way you chew and photographs to be able to capture your facial measurements.
- Once this has been done, the dentist will then fit a Trial Smile to your teeth.
- This will be based upon all your specific needs and the dentist’s smile design for your treatment.
- We will focus mostly on what you are looking for on the aesthetic side.
2) Verify that you are happy with your final smile:
- The dentist will check if you are happy with the cosmetic aspect of your teeth and also if you are comfortable with the chewing.
- We then give the go-ahead to the ceramist to complete the work.
- Additional records such as photographs may be necessary at this stage too.
3) Fitting and final review:
- You will have your new veneers fitted and bonded to your teeth.
- The dentist will first remove the trial smile with the utmost care so as not to disturb the underlying tooth, and then prepare the tooth for strong bonding.
- This involves using the latest state-of-the-art bonding agents.
- New veneers are then individually bonded to each tooth.
- A review appointment after a few weeks is recommended.
Non-invasive Treatment: requires little tooth preparation beforehand so teeth are not weakened.
Drill-free: Drills are only used sparingly to help with bonding.
Customised, patient-specific smile: Veneers can be used along with other subtle changes in your smile or a full set of veneers and create a more intense smile makeover. All treatments will leave you with a beautiful straight smile.
Impressive cosmetic results: We use porcelain material to create beautiful aesthetic results. Ultrathin veneers are an impressive and popular cosmetic dentistry solution.
Does not increase teeth sensitivity: Since hardly any enamel is removed you are less likely to experience sensitivity in your teeth post-treatment.
Here at The Perfect Smile Studios, we use veneers to create the amazing smile you’ve always dreamed of.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
ULTRATHIN GUIDE & RESOURCES
Natural smile makeovers
Will ultrathin veneers match the colour of existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth.
To the naked eye, the treatment can be very difficult to spot.
Improve your mouth’s condition
We use a variety of types of veneers from porcelain to composite.
One of the reasons why they are a popular choice for many is that they correct a wide range of orthodontic and oral health problems, including:
- Gappy smiles / diastema
- Teeth affected by bruxism
- Several degrees of Fluorosis
- Crooked teeth crammed together by overcrowding
- Stained or yellow teeth
Not only this, but often veneer treatments are ideal for helping conditions such as gum disease, tooth sensitivity, or jaw pain caused by bite problems.
Veneers have more than one purpose.
Not only can they improve your appearance but have the potential to better your oral health and hygiene in the following ways:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Your new smile in five stages
|Step 1: Comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: The trial smile|
|Step 3: Review & shade selection|
|Step 4: The fitting appointment|
|Step 5: The final review visit|
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
For 25 years, patients from London and Hertfordshire have rated and recommended our cosmetic solutions.
Our highly proficient dental staff have access to the latest technologies and use innovative 3D Xrays that help them to create perfect and custom crowns.
Composite vs porcelain veneers: Which material to choose?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are adhered to the outer surface of the tooth.
Composite veneers use a resin that’s applied to the outer surface.
Typically, because porcelain veneers are made from a stronger material they last longer. Composite veneers in this case are the more affordable option.
Both treatments are custom designed to match, or brighten your teeth and improve imperfections.
How much do Ultrathin veneers cost?
A number of factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers, however, average prices of treatment range from £980 to £1,200 per tooth.
Compare ultrathin prices with other types of veneers available:
|Composite Veneers||£600 to £750 per tooth|
|Immediate Veneers||£600 to £750 per tooth|
|Lumineers||£850 to £950 per tooth|
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot