Last Updated on
Beautiful and Natural Ultrathin Veneers
Porcelain Veneers can now be created with no or very minimal tooth preparation to produce a stunning new smile. We can use Ultrathin Veneers in a Smile Makeover, a Smile Mini Makeover or for an individual tooth.
These veneers are often 0.2 – 0.4mm thick yet they are strong, long lasting and aesthetic.
We can custom create the smile that you want for your front teeth in combination with Smile2SuitU.
Cosmetic Dentistry WITHOUT Drilling is now the way forward.
A drive for new innovations and cutting edge technology (like teeth implants) has allowed for this much conservative approach. This allows us to award those looking for a new smile makeover but with a little drilling and without pain. Find out more here.
Ultrathin Veneers are made from IPS e.max lithium disilicate. They can have a strength of 500 MPa strength and 2.0 – 2.5 MPa∙m1/2 fracture toughness. Thus they can be made to be paper thin, yet have the strength to work with the bite forces generated in the mouth.
These veneers can be used as part of the Emax system where if used in combination with other treatments such as a crown, bridge or an implant, we can reassure a good colour match.
This is because Emax is layering porcelain that can be used for all types of porcelain restorations, thus creating the exact and uniform shade, texture and lustre for the entire smile.
Previous to Emax, the ability to create thin, strong, colour matched highly aesthetic veneers was very difficult. This is because the porcelain of choice was feldspathic porcelain.
This type of porcelain is highly aesthetic but only had a fifth of the strength of Emax.
This means the thickness of these veneers had to be larger and ranged from 0.5mm to 0.7mm. The manufacture of these UltraThin Veneers can be challenging, thus requiring a skilled and experienced ceramist technician to create them.
It involves three appointments
1) Teeth Preparation and Creation of a Trial Smile
- Ultrathin veneers were designed with minimal preparation in mind. A little roughening of the enamel surface that is required to make a better bonding surface when the ultra-high gloss of our natural enamel has been removed. Otherwise, we are simply relying on the micromechanical retention of the etching agent during the bonding procedure.
- Further altering of the shape of the tooth may become necessary to provide the best aesthetics.
- Once the teeth have been prepared, the dentist will need to take various records that will allow the ceramist in the laboratory to create the Ultrathin veneers.
- These records can include impressions (moulds) of your teeth to create the working model; bite records to assimilate the way you chew and photographs to be able to capture your facial measurements.
- Once this has been done, the dentist will then fit a Trial Smile to your teeth.
- This will be based upon all your specific needs and the dentist’s smile design for your treatment. It should be mostly what you are looking for in the aesthetics.
2) Verify that you are happy with your final smile
- The dentist will check if you are happy with the cosmetic aspect of your teeth and also if you are comfortable with the chewing.
- We then give the go-ahead to the ceramist to complete the work.
- Additional records such as photographs may be necessary at this stage too.
3) Fitting and final review
- You will have your new veneers fitted and bonded to your teeth.
- The dentist will first remove the trial smile with the utmost care so as not to disturb the underlying tooth, and then prepare the tooth for strong bonding.
- This involves using the latest state-of-the-art bonding agents. New veneers are then individually bonded to each tooth.
- A review appointment after a few weeks is recommended.
Here at The Perfect Smile Studios we expertly use veneers to create the amazing smile you’ve dreamed of.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot