Last Updated on
At The Perfect Smile, we offer multiple cosmetic dentistry options that allow for less invasive treatments to be carried out that still provide long-term safe and comfortable solutions.
One such system is DURAthin Veneers. They are made from highly compressed Emax porcelain, providing the strength and durability patients are looking for. The bonding strength of veneer to the tooth is very strong.
Not only this, but they provide a stable and stronger foundation that betters the state and condition of your oral hygiene.
What are DURAthin Veneers?
DURAthin veneers are contact-lens like, custom-made pieces of thin porcelain that adheres directly to the front of teeth using a special cement without grinding or cutting the teeth.
You can now have enhancements with little or no tooth reduction to achieve your ideal smile.
This new advanced technology is the ideal choice for those who would like to enhance their smiles but do not want to have their natural teeth drilled down in the process.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
The durathin veneer procedure is usually pain-free and leaves our patients walking away feeling confident and happy with their new smiles.
Benefits of Durathin Veneers
We have seen our patients receive many advantages from this type of treatment, which include:
- New and very natural-looking, durable smiles
- Fast and often painless recovery time
- Improved jaw movement and function
- Being able to keep their own tooth substance from their own teeth
How the process starts
Next, the doctor will determine what type of veneer treatment will match perfectly with your appearance to achieve the ideal balance.
The subtle nuances of your smile become very important in deciding which treatment technique is going to the most appropriate for you.
The smile design planned must fit into the parameters of your teeth. Bite records and teeth measurements will help us to do this.
Impressions, radiographs and other records will be taken at this visit.
This will indicate whether this specific treatment is suitable for you.
On this visit, we will also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the veneers and all possible alternative solutions.
We will also require the use of a laboratory which is experienced in fabricating fine, thin veneers.
Our experts will create a Trial Smile so you can see how your ideal smile will look when complete.
At this stage, you will also have an opportunity to go through your financial options depending upon the treatment of choice.
We will specialise in making your treatment affordable and will discuss the Durathin Veneers Price.
Your “New Look”
Once we have established that Durathin is the most appropriate treatment for you, we then proceed to create your new and approved smile.
Your new look is created based upon the smile design established during the examination phase.
The dentist then checks that all the measurements are correct by creating a wax-up simulation on a model and comporting this to the model of the original teeth.
Thereafter the treatment is carried out over three further visits which can span from a few days to a few weeks between each appointment.
The first visit
- The teeth are prepared to provide the most optimal bonding surface for the veneers.
- In some instances, further and more detailed tooth shaping may be required. Once the teeth are ready then, the dentist will take all the necessary records so that the ceramist will be able to create the exact customised veneers.
- You are then fitted with a Trial Smile, which is essentially temporary veneers that are extremely close as possible to the look and aesthetics of the final teeth.
- It allows you to preview your teeth in the comfort of your own privacy and home.
The second visit
- This is an interim appointment where we get any feedback from you.
- The dentist will also check your teeth for final aesthetics and also the comfort of the teeth in your mouth. Your biting and chewing patterns will also be checked and used to make modifications of the temporary teeth.
- Further records and measurements will be required and thereafter all the information will be sent to the ceramist. The laboratory will then create the new veneers to these specifications.
The third visit
- The new Duration veneers will be fitted to your teeth. The dentist starts by carefully removing the Trial Smile from your teeth.
- The teeth are then cleaned up and the surfaces made ready for bonding.
- The preferred system of bonding agents are then used on the teeth and the duration veneers are fitted each tooth at a time.
- The dentist will make some final checks of bite and aesthetics.
A fourth visit (review)
- It is preferable to have one final appointment to ensure the comfort of your new teeth.
- You can combine this appointment with a dental hygienist one so that you can be shown how to take care of your new teeth.
- The focus will be on prevention of any problems and to make sure your teeth last as long as possible.
- We can usually see new patients within a week. You have the choice of Hertfordshire or Central London locations.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
Safe & Durable
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems, issues and threats such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Improve contour and size of your teeth
- Removes traces of discolouration and brightens teeth
- Disguises crooked teeth with the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than normal teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and existing teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
Composite vs Porcelain veneers
What is the difference between these two treatment types? Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are adhered to the outer-surface of the tooth. Composite veneers use a resin thats applied to the outer-surface. Typically, because porcelain veneers are made from a stronger material they last longer. Composite veneers in this case are the more affordable option.
Both treatments are custom designed to match, or brighten your teeth and improve imperfections.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Error: The account for perfectsmile needs to be reconnected.
Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page