Veneers | Affordable Competitive Prices
There are now multiple options available in modern dentistry that allows more conservative dentistry to be carried out that also assists in providing a long-term solution.
One such system is DURAthin Veneers. They are made from highly compressed Emax porcelain, providing the strength and aesthetics that patients are looking for.
They are wafer thin and provide both natural aesthetics and allow specific characterisations to be incorporated to create the new preferred look.
What are DURAthin Veneers?
DURAthin veneers are contact-lens like, custom-made pieces of thin porcelain that adheres directly to the front of teeth without grinding or cutting of teeth.
You can now have enhancements with little or no tooth reduction to get your ideal smile.
This new advanced technology is perfect for those who would like to enhance their smiles but do not want to have their natural teeth drilled down in the process.
Benefits of Durathin Veneers:
- You can create a very natural looking smile
- You do not loose tooth substance from your own teeth
- The bonding strength of veneer to the tooth is very strong
- There is no pain. This is a very durable long lasting veneer
How the process starts
The procedure starts with a consultation and examination of the mouth.
Here the dentist will need to understand exactly what type of smile you are looking to create.
The subtle nuances of your smile become very important in deciding which treatment technique is going to the most appropriate for you.
Also, it is important that the smile design planned fits into the parameters of your teeth. Bite records and teeth measurements will help us to do this.
Impressions, radiographs and other records will be taken at this visit.
This will indicate whether this specific treatment is suitable for you. On this visit, we will also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the veneers and all possible alternative solutions.
We will also require the use of a laboratory which is experienced in fabricating fine, thin veneers.
Technical expertise is very critical to the success of this type of veneer. We have a good relationship with several that we have used over the last 25 years.
At this stage, you will also have an opportunity to go through your financial options depending upon the treatment of choice.
We will specialise in making your treatment affordable and will discuss the Durathin Veneers Price.
Your “New Look”
Once we have established that Durathin is the most appropriate treatment for you, we then proceed to create your new smile.
Your new look is created based upon the smile design established during the examination phase.
The dentist then checks that all the measurements are correct by creating a wax-up simulation on a model and comporting this to the model of the original teeth.
Thereafter the treatment is carried out over three further visits which can span from a few days to a few weeks between each appointment.
The first visit
- The teeth are prepared to provide the most optimal bonding surface for the veneers.
- In some instances, further and more detailed tooth shaping may be required. Once the teeth are ready then, the dentist will take all the necessary records so that the ceramist will be able to create the exact customised veneers.
- You are then fitted with a Trial Smile, which is essentially temporary veneers that are extremely close as possible to the look and aesthetics of the final teeth.
- It allows you to preview your teeth in the comfort of your own privacy and home.
The second visit
- This is an interim appointment where we get any feedback from you.
- The dentist will also check your teeth for final aesthetics and also the comfort of the teeth in your mouth. Your biting and chewing patterns will also be checked and used to make modifications of the temporary teeth.
- Further records and measurements will be required and thereafter all the information will be sent to the ceramist. The laboratory will then create the new veneers to these specifications.
The third visit
- The new Duration veneers will be fitted to your teeth. The dentist starts by carefully removing the Trial Smile from your teeth.
- The teeth are then cleaned up and the surfaces made ready for bonding.
- The preferred system of bonding agents are then used on the teeth and the duration veneers are fitted each tooth at a time.
- The dentist will make some final checks of bite and aesthetics.
A fourth visit (review)
- It is preferable to have one final appointment to ensure the comfort of your new teeth.
- You can combine this appointment with a dental hygienist one so that you can be shown how to take care of your new teeth.
- The focus will be on prevention of any problems and to make sure your teeth last as long as possible.
- We can usually see new patients within a week. You have the choice of Hertfordshire or Central London locations.
(Your first initial consultation is free of charge.)