Many patients feel uncomfortable and unhappy with the appearance of their smile.
We often meet patients with serious oral health concerns that are in need of treatment to prevent further oral complications.
However their main goal is to fix and improve the aesthetics of their smile.
This is completely understandable as we understand that smile imperfections can dramatically affect your self-confidence, even prompting some patient to avoid smiling altogether.
That’s why treatments like veneers are so successful – because they treat common causes of poor oral hygiene and states whilst also drastically improving appearances.
With many materials, brands and types of veneers available, it can be difficult to understand and choose which one is the right choice for you.
Our specialist cosmetic dentists have provided a guide of all veneer types to explain the differences between them to help you gain a better understanding.
Which veneers are best for you?
Drill-free veneer procedures include: Lumineers, Durathin and Ultrathin.
We offer a wide range of veneers that are able to suit the needs of various individuals.
Each type of treatment boast their own advantages, but generally, veneers are the ideal treatment to improve not only your appearance but oral health and hygiene.
This is because they help to create a strong, healthy and stable foundation.
Composite is crafted from an acrylic resin which is bonded onto your tooth and is generally a more affordable option to porcelain.
Porcelain veneers are made from thin but tough pieces of tooth coloured porcelain that are designed individually in a dental laboratory to patient specification. Often the most recommended and go-to choice for veneer applications because the material is high-quality, very strong and durable.
- Immediate/Instant Veneers: Best for fast results and quick recovery, the thickness is 0.3mm, can be fitted in a single visit, and are often the most affordable option (starting from £600 per tooth).
- Lumineers: Made from laminate, they involve no drilling and are bonded directly to teeth using special cement.
- Durathin Veneers: No-prep, very thin veneers (0.5 mm), fitted in two appointments.
- Ultrathin veneers: Incredibly thin (between 0.2 and 0.4 mm), require very little tooth preparation or shaving and are bonded directly to teeth.
Choosing the veneer colour and right shade of white
We generally recommend selecting a shade for your veneers that is about two shades lighter than your natural teeth.
You can combine veneers with tooth whitening treatments for your natural teeth to ensure that your smile is seamless and stands out.
Standardised dental colour charts with a wide range of tones are used to select the exact shade of your veneers.
Picking the correct tooth shape for you
Veneers are designed and made specifically for each client’s individual teeth.
Our expert cosmetic dentists use the latest digital smile design software to simulate your new smile.
This will result in veneers that create a natural-looking smile to perfectly complement and add balance to your face shape.
Compare veneer prices
Meet our cosmetic dentists
Our team of recommended specialist dentists are very skilled at creating fantastic, natural-looking smiles and leave patients feeling happy and more confident.
We use advanced cosmetic dental techniques and the latest aesthetic treatments: including instant veneers to achieve the best results.
The majority of our veneer treatments are pain-free, durable, require little to no tooth preparation.
The carefully selected approved dentists have exceptional knowledge and extensive experience in the cosmetic dentistry field and have treated literally tens of thousands of patients over the last 25 years.
“After a number of months trying to find a one-stop-shop who were experts in all dental work, I found The Perfect Smile Studios.
From start to finish the service was outstanding with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere which is ideal for any nervous patient, they provide you with many options to choose from with clear costs and a step by step explanation.
A massive thank you to Dr Bloom for the transformation of my new Smile.” review by Reece, February 2018.
Our team is highly experienced in designing, making and fitting veneers, with thousands of happy clients over more than 25 years.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
The makeover your smile needs
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite.
One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
Why do so many people get veneers?
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Veneer appointment schedules and stages
|Step 1: Comprehensive free assessment|
|Step 2: The trial smile|
|Step 3: Review & shade selection|
|Step 4: The fitting visit|
|Step 5: The final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
Composite vs Porcelain veneers
What is the difference between these two materials?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are adhered to the outer surface of the tooth.
Composite veneers use a resin that’s applied to the outer surface.
Typically, because porcelain veneers are made from a stronger material they last longer. Composite veneers, in this case, are the more affordable option.
Both treatments are custom designed to match, or brighten your teeth and improve imperfections.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot