Do you need to replace an individual lost through trauma, decay or gum disease? You are not the only one.
An outstanding amount of implants are placed every year in the UK. An average of 30,000 implants is fixed every year.
Our dental implant dentists have undergone further specialised training to perform this kind of treatment and all variations of implant-related treatments, including single implants.
When opting to go with a specialist dentist for this treatment, you can expect higher success rates.
Here, at the Perfect Smile, we boast higher than average implant success rates. The national average is 95%.
As experts in restorative dentistry, we conduct thousands of implantations every year and offer an emergency placement service for patients who require immediate treatment.
Single implants are a durable solution to fix:
- Missing and loose teeth
- A heavily decayed tooth
- Broken and cracked teeth
- Teeth damaged from injury
Call 01992 552115.
A dental implant is often the easiest and simplest way of restoring the stability and aesthetics of the mouth.
Single implants are recommended as a replacement when a single tooth is missing or if a tooth needs to be extracted.
Made from titanium, the implant is positioned deep into the bone. This creates a replica of your tooth roots.
The top part of your implant is then constructed from our latest hard-wearing porcelain range to look and feel like a new tooth.
This type of treatment is proper when we do not want to damage or impact the teeth on either side of the missing tooth. Dental implant treatments are simple surgical procedures and should not affect the teeth on either side of the gap in any way.
How long does treatment take?
The treatment time for implants varies – our dentist will detail timings in your bespoke treatment plan.
Traditional tooth implants can take a few months for the jawbone to integrate with the titanium implant.
By taking advantage of modern technology, we can now choose to treat you with a system that only takes one dental visit and quickly resolve your dental issues and improve your confidence levels.
However, single implant treatments can differ from patient to patient.
In the simplest of cases where CBCT scans show a substantial bone amount, our dentists can implant a new tooth over a few appointments across a 3-5 month period.
The healing period gives the optimal time for the implant to fuse with the bone and heal.
Additional procedures like tooth extractions may delay the process slightly longer as we allow the gum and bone area to heal before we make any changes.
Titanium Screws: The favoured solution
Titanium implants are the most common long-term solution available, with excellent results.
The main advantage of this particular type of dental implant is that the neighbouring teeth require no preparation.
Using this method allows the rest of your dentition to be left intact.
Also, as the tooth implant is permanently fixed in your mouth, you can treat it like any other tooth in your mouth.
You do not have to remove it or worry about it coming loose (like dentures).
Effects of tooth loss
Tooth loss can have a detrimental effect on the quality of one’s life, leading to further dental problems and psychological problems such as low self-esteem and social impairment.
- A single tooth lost at the front of the mouth can negatively impact your self-esteem.
- A tooth lost at the back of the mouth can cause problems chewing, leading to more pressure or chewing forces on the remaining teeth.
- If a missing tooth is left untreated, it can have detrimental effects in the long term on the remaining teeth. Here, the remaining teeth have to compensate for the lost tooth and have to increase their load. Missing teeth often lead to excessive tooth wear or fracturing of the neighbouring teeth.
- Missing teeth at the front of the mouth may also impair or alter your speech. Learn more here.
- The surrounding bone can begin to diminish, making enhancing treatment more complex as time goes on.
- Loss of a tooth can cause drifting or movement of the neighbouring teeth. The movement slowly creates continual food and plaque traps leading to possible decay and gum disease.
Phone: 020 7580 5370.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- Step 3: We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- Step 5: The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Step 6: Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced team
Unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot