In this Section
Veneers Procedure, Tooth Preparation, Enamel Preservation
When designing custom veneers, our highly recommended and experienced dentists, like Dr Gurs Sehmi, will first examine the oral condition of your mouth’s hygiene and determine if there will need to be any additional treatments to ensure the longevity of your veneers.
Some treatments, like Ultrathin veneers, require no-prep techniques, such as no tooth cutting compared to the traditional veneer work, where sometimes some preparation may be necessary.
Sometimes “preparation” simply means roughening the tooth’s surface to enable better bonding with the adhesives.
Depending on your teeth specialist, Dr Gurs Sehmi will discuss and assess the type of veneers most suitable for you and if preparation will be involved.
Pay Monthly With 0%
Pay monthly with 0% interest for amazing, discreet dental solutions that realign your smile. Our recommended veneer treatments have left thousands of our patients feeling better and more confident about their appearance and the way their smile functions.
Before & After Gallery
See what our patients look like before and after veneers so you can gain a better idea of how they’re going to look and work for you.
What our Patients Need to Know
Learn more about what we offer here at the Perfect Smile Studios.
Many reasons patients in London and beyond choose us is because of our attention to detail, the care we provide, how we prepare and the results we achieve.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down after the final fitting – this is quite normal and nothing to worry over. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
- At your first appointment, your dentist will look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and how many veneers you’ll likely need to achieve your desired smile. In some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then have the possibility of additional shells in the future.
Minimal or No Preparation
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment begins. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- To prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options to have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work starts.
- Your teeth are already well aligned, so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation becomes necessary.
- If you are concerned, we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Non-invasive treatment: requires little tooth preparation beforehand, so teeth are not weakened.
Drill-free: Drills are only used sparingly to help with bonding.
Customised, patient-specific smile: Veneers can be used along with other subtle changes in your smile or a complete set of veneers and create a more extreme smile makeover. All treatments will leave you with a beautiful straight smile.
Impressive cosmetic results: We use porcelain material to create beautiful aesthetic results. Ultrathin veneers are a unique and popular cosmetic dentistry solution.
Does not increase teeth sensitivity: Since hardly any enamel is removed, you are less likely to experience sensitivity in your teeth post-treatment.
Major UK Credentials
We often recommend veneers for our patients looking to achieve new, breathtaking and durable smiles.
Veneers have many more amazing advantages to both dental hygiene and general health – this is because their purpose is to create a stable and healthy oral foundation and improve patients’ smiles.
Improve your Oral Condition Forever
We use a variety of types of veneers, from porcelain to composite.
Veneer treatments are ideal for helping conditions such as gum disease, tooth sensitivity, or jaw pain caused by bite problems.
Not only can veneers improve your appearance but they have the potential to better your oral health and hygiene in the following ways.