Are veneers or teeth whitening covered under BUPA or comparable insurance?
Different insurance companies will have different criteria.
It is important that you check what treatments are covered with your own insurance company.
See: Bupa Dental Cover for Private and NHS Patients: Is It Right for You?
One of our expert, professional dental staff like Dr Sam Jethwa, will be able to examine your mouth and assess the oral health and state. Bad oral health conditions and problems that will need to be corrected and improved upon before this treatment include tooth decay, gum disease and any infections.
This will outline the diagnosis and work that needs to be done. Veneers may or may not be part of your treatment plan.
We can begin to design your treatment plan at our Hertford clinic.
You may decide after your evaluation that you prefer another treatment option that still meets your cosmetic needs but is of a different nature.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
Thereafter, once you have a definitive Treatment Plan, you can go to your insurance company and simply ask if they would cover the proposed treatment.
You may be interested to know that we also offer an array of different finance options and plans.
This too could help to make your treatment more affordable. Our treatment coordinators can talk to you about your various options for payment if you wish.
Our team of doctors and hygienists will be able to help you to find affordable finance options so that your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
Normally insurance companies only provide reimbursements for teeth that require structural improvements from decay, tooth wear or fracture.
This may be resulting from an accident.
They do not normally provide cover for elective cosmetic treatments like veneers or adult orthodontic procedures aimed at simply aligning the teeth to look better.
Can I pay for private cosmetic dentistry with insurance?
Some dental insurance policies may cover the cost of veneers. This will depend on the specific dental insurance you have.
Your insurance company may cover the cost of repairing your teeth with porcelain veneers if you have suffered damage as a result of an accident.
If your procedures, or parts of your procedure, are medically necessary then some or all of your treatment may be covered by insurance.
Contact your dental insurance provider to find out if your veneer treatments are covered.
Boost your confidence with a brand new smile
Your smile is one of the first things people notice when they meet you, but many people don’t feel comfortable showing their smile.
Visit the Perfect Smile Studios and see how we can transform your smile.
The carefully selected dentists and specialists at the Perfect Smile Studios have exceptional knowledge and experience in the cosmetic dentistry field.
They have treated literally tens of thousands of patients over the last 25 years.
His team are amazing, from Consultation, to hygienist, to whitening treatment, the initial trial smile, his wonderful Nurse and more the journey was such that any and all concerns were handled and adjusted to meet my expectation, taking into account his expertise he always listened and advised.
I would recommend Rahul, the team and the outcome to everyone. THANK YOU!” Heather McCrory, October 2017.
You will have to look into what types of treatment are and are not covered by your particular insurance company.
Usually, insurance is to protect you from damage incurred during an accident and not for elective optional work.
However, if any treatment does need to be done and is covered by the insurance company, there should be no reason why it shouldn’t be done in a way that is also cosmetically appealing as well as provides functional and structural support.
At The Perfect Smile, our teeth whitening solutions can brighten your smile by up to ten shades.
We take great pride in the work we carry out for our patients. You can visit us at our London or Hertfordshire consulting rooms by booking a free consultation with us today.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot