Glimpsing Your New Smile
Sometimes it is very difficult to determine the kind of results you expect or to envision the way the final teeth or smile will end up looking. This is where we use the Mock-up Smile Design technique to help overcome these concerns. A smile mock-up is a reversible quick procedure that helps you to visualize your teeth or smile before you decide to commit further.
A smile mockup is a totally comfortable procedure and is handcrafted directly onto your teeth without any permanent damage to your teeth. It is applied with a temporary tooth-colored material ( called flowable composite) to assimilate your new smile. This enables you to have a preview of your new teeth very quickly.
We can also take pictures of the Mock-up Smile to help you see the before and after of your own teeth within a matter of minutes. In addition we take measurements and impressions of the mock up so we can use thighs information to create the wax pattern of the new smile by the ceramist.
Whether you are considering teeth straightening, veneers, bonding or a full smile makeover, a Mock-up Smile can help you to glimpse your new smile. Informed patients make better decisions and a Mock-up Smile helps you to see before you commit to any treatment.
Mock-up Smile Designing also proves to be invaluable should you wish to go ahead with a smile makeover. This is because it provides a starting foundation for treatment enabling better refinements to occur later on during the Trial Smile preview. The Mock-up Smile not only shows what can be achieved but also shows what cannot be achieved thus giving you realistic expectations.
- The desired position and cant of the dental midline
- The position of the Invisalign edge of upper teeth
- The width of the buccal corridor
- The golden proportion of teeth and ideal ratio of width and length of front teeth
- Any personal desired look required with the new smile
Mock-up Smile Design compromises of the following :
- It gives you a smile preview before committing to treatment. See before you buy.
- Whether you are looking to improve the color, shape and/or form of your teeth the Mock-up Smile gives you total control of the results thus creating your perfect smile.
- It acts as a foundational template to establish better communication of your expectations.
- Provides invaluable information to the dentist, patient and laboratory.
- Sometimes the dentist will carry out a Diagnostic Mock-up Smile. This provides essential diagnostic information on the functioning of the end smile to prevent future problems.
Benefits of a Mock-up Smile Design:
Contact us for any questions, requests and further information; or to arrange a FREE Initial Consultation.
Our free no obligation Initial Consultation will be with our dentist and/or our Treatment Coordinators. The suitability of options discussed will ultimately be dependent upon your clinical assessment with a dentist at the practice.