Visualising your new smile
Sometimes it is very difficult to envision the way your teeth or smile will end up looking after treatment, and we use the Mock-up Smile Design technique to help overcome these concerns.
A smile mock-up is a quick, temporary procedure that helps you to visualize your teeth and smile before you decide to commit to permanent treatment.
A 'smile mockup' is a pain-free procedure (good news for those of you with dental fear or anxiety). The mockup is handcrafted directly onto your teeth without causing any permanent damage to your teeth.
The mockup is applied with a temporary tooth-coloured material (called flowable composite).
We can also take pictures of the mock-up smile to help you see the before and after of your own teeth within a matter of minutes.
In addition we take measurements and impressions of the mock up so we can use thighs information to create the wax pattern of the new smile by the ceramist.
Whether you are considering teeth straightening, veneers, bonding or a full smile makeover, a mock-up smile can help you to visualise your new smile
The mock-up smile not only shows what can be achieved but also shows what cannot be achieved thus giving you realistic expectations and helping you move toward your goals of your ideal smile.
Mock-up smile design is compromised of:
- The desired position of the dental midline
- The position of the Invisalign edge of upper teeth
- The width of the buccal corridor
- The golden proportion of teeth and ideal ratio of width and length of front teeth
- Any personal desired look required with the new smile
Benefits of a mock-up smile design:
- It gives you a smile preview before committing to treatment.
- Whether you are looking to improve the colour, shape and/or form of your teeth the mock-up smile gives you total control of the results - thus helping to create your perfect smile.
- It acts as a foundational template between you and your dentist, to establish better communication of your expectations.
- Provides invaluable information to the dentist, patient and laboratory.
- Sometimes the dentist will carry out a diagnostic mock-up smile. This provides essential diagnostic information on the functioning of the end smile to prevent future problems.
Contact us for any questions, requests and further information; or to arrange a FREE Initial Consultation.
Our free no obligation Initial Consultation will be with our dentist and/or our Treatment Coordinators. The suitability of options discussed will ultimately be dependent upon your clinical assessment with a dentist at the practice.