The maintenance of implants is about ensuring the gum health around the implants is excellent.
Films of bacteria called Biofilm start to appear on implants as quickly as they do on teeth.
The major problem is that this biofilm on implants is resistant to antibiotics and antiseptics. Hence, the biofilm can damage the tissues that keep the implant in place.
Thus, the accuracy of the cleaning of your teeth and implants is very vital.
Oral hygiene and implant care are vital after the final crowns, bridges or denture placement and during the healing (osseointegration) phase.
Dental Implant placement requires the patient’s gums to be healthy before implant placement and at least six month healing period allowed after any gum (periodontal) treatment.
Studies have shown that patients who smoke and patients with previous poor gum health (periodontal health) occurrence have a reduced success rate to patients who are not smokers and with no previous gum health problems.
We prefer to re-assess and monitor the implants more frequently on patients who smoke and patients with previous poor gum health.
Thus we recommend that you stop smoking before and after any implant treatment.
We recommend that you have regular hygiene treatment at least every six months.
For those patients who have had gum disease before starting the treatment, hygiene treatment is recommended every three months.
We also recommend an annual examination and a regular radiograph to check the implant treatment.
At the examination, we look for signs of gum disease or Peri-Implantitis. We also assess the bite as the movement of natural teeth may change the dynamics of the bite, which may create an overload from the implant.
The x-ray allows us to check if there is any bone loss around the thread of the implants, using each thread as a relative measurement.
If there is bone loss, we need to determine the cause and address this as soon as possible.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- Step 3: We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- Step 5: The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Step 6: Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
- Minimal appointments: Unlike traditional dental implant surgery, you will need fewer appointments
- No lengthy treatment time: The healing time is fast and effective, though individual to each person.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced implant team
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly skilled team with access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on November 17, 2021