Comfortable procedures for our patients and optimal treatment outcomes drive the choices of technology in our practice. For this reason we have invested in the innovative Air Abrasion technology for those patients that primarily do not like the sound or feel of the dentist drill in their mouth. This is contact-less dentistry at its best.
The air abrasion hand unit simply replaces the standard dentist’s drill for any treatment that requires cleaning out of infected tissue from a tooth cavity or altering the surface texture of teeth prior to adhesive dentistry.
- No sound of the drill
- No drilling sensation on teeth
- Quick and easy to have done
- No pain
- No anesthetic
- No vibration
- Minimally invasive
- Allows conservative and preservative treatment
- Suitable for most cases
- Precise and accurate direction
- Eliminates risk of chipping/stress fractures during treatment
- No additional dust is created due to its unique design
Since this has proven to be a very popular technology, we have invested in two different varieties of the Air Abrasion unit which gives the clinician greater flexibility of use and wider treatment choices for the patient. These are for use in both inside and outside the mouth. This means that we are able to perform beneficial dentistry in a way that is comfortable and relaxing for the patient.
Aquacut Quattro– Dental Air Abrasion and Air Polishing unit. Click Here for more information:
Dento-Prep Microblaster. Click Here for more information:
Micro fine aluminium oxide particles are blasted at high pressure through an extremely fine outlet on a hand held unit. This highly advanced technology has produced a unit that is very lightweight and feels like using an electronic pen. These give a superior level of control and precision actions to the dentist.
- Removal of dental decay
- Repair cracks
- Cavity Preparation
- Cleaning cavities
- Tooth coloured fillings
- Stained teeth
- Fissure Sealants
- Increases effectiveness of teeth whitening
- Preparation of chipped, fractured or worn teeth.
- Repair broken crowns and bridges
- Air polishing of teeth to remove plaque and tarter
- Removal of cement from teeth
- Micro-fine blasting of metal, ceramic and plastic materials. This roughens these surfaces to facilitate and reinforce enhanced bonding of them to tooth. Examples of such uses include bonding inlays, crowns and bridges.
- Preparatory work on dentures to reinforce fitting surface.
- Removal of cement from crowns and bridgework when re-cementing
This is the perfect tool for modern adhesive dentistry. There are a multitude of uses for this invaluable piece of technology and we are pleased to have this available for our patients.