Last Updated on
Introducing supreme innovation in imaging technology for your comfort and exceptional care – the high definition 3D Digital CT Scan.
This exceptional piece of equipment allows the dentist to completely focus on the part of the jaw that is being treated with optimal clarity and precision. Diagnostic ability is supremely enhanced allowing visualisation of tooth anatomy previously unavailable from standard or digital x-rays.
The images produced allows us to better visualise the depth and breadth of bone, the quality of bone available, any nearby nerves and anatomical structures that may come in the way and a better understanding of the surrounding tissues and structures. We also believe that having a CT scan is almost always essential before placing an implant into jaw bone as it allows safe placement avoiding nerves, blood vessels and future complications.
Benefits of the Digital CT Scan:
- Comfortable and easy to have done within a few minutes
- Ultra high speed hence lower radiation dose per image
- High definition 2D full mouth radiographs for diagnostic clarity
- High definition 3D imagery for enhanced cross sectional images of the teeth and jaws with a high degree of accuracy.
- Useful for specific areas of diagnosis.
- Also provides more extensive information.
- Multi-layer panoramic and cephalometric images
- Eliminates blurring or distortion of images due to incorrect patient position as occurs with standard scanners.
- Highest standard first class image quality
- Greater versatility of use thus specific images can be created
- More precise and accurate diagnosis
- In depth and highly detailed treatment planning
- Enhanced treatment clarity
Exceptional diagnostic clarity is absolutely necessary for successful treatments in areas of dental care such as implantology, endodontics (root canal treatments) and oral surgery. We are please to be able to offer all patients the opportunity to undergo treatment with such high phased technology providing enhanced treatment solutions.
Accurate treatment planning, enhanced visualisation and convenient access to the invaluable information allow better decision making by both the dentist and the patient. This means that the treatment is incredibly precise thus increasing its chance of success. It has fast become an indispensible tool.
Amongst some of its uses includes:
- Treatment Planning
- Bone dimensions
- Implant placement
- Detailed anatomy
- Accurate diagnosis
- Apical lesions
- Root resorption
- Tooth resorption
- Missed anatomy
- Endodontic accuracy
- Surgical accuracy
This versatile world-renowned technology is bringing dentistry into a new age where outstanding imagery is allowing accurate treatment decisions to be made with quicker treatment response. This helps both the dentist and the patient in understanding all the options and possibilities. This is definitely quality and performance at its best.