Last Updated on
What is the ‘intraoral’ camera?
As part of our patient-focused ethos, we have invested in sophisticated, advanced digital software that allows you to see exactly what the dentist sees!
This amazing tool makes dentistry easier to understand and allows our patients to make better choices for their oral health and future dental care.
The intraoral camera is a pen-like devise that goes inside of your mouth and can capture photos from inside the mouth. You can also see the camera live as you would a video camera. All the images are fed to a screen live for you to see.
Transparency for our patients
We now use the intraoral camera at nearly every stage of treatment. Patients are astounded at the degree of detail they can see of their own teeth and mouth. It has now become an integral part of all our examinations and discussions of treatment.
Having access to these images, means patients now have more control of their dental treatments.
We have found the intraoral camera to have had a significant positive impact on the treatment decision making process.
It is easier to understand why a particular type of treatment is being suggested when you can properly see the condition inside your mouth.
Benefits of the Intraoral Camera
- You can see sharp accurate images of your teeth and mouth on a screen in front of you
- You are able to see aspects of your teeth and mouth that would otherwise be hidden from normal sight.
- You can see the extent of any particular cavity or remaining tooth structure.
- You can see on a screen any specific part of your mouth and view what is happening in that area.
- You can see the full arch of teeth or close-ups of a particular area.
The intraoral camera not only enhances patient understanding but also helps them to be more involved in their own dental care.