There has been much research in the field of aesthetic dentistry over the last 20 years that has looked into why any treatment should fail and why there may have been problems associated with the dentistry.
These issues have now been addressed and solutions have been sought.
As with anything the research will always be progressive and ongoing as newer and newer techniques and products are introduced.
We continue to implement new techniques at our Hertfordshire clinic.
One of the main concerns has been whether veneers come off leaving an unsightly tooth beneath and a discrepant smile.
This problem has been explored in much detail and we have now addressed all the different facets that may have weakened the veneer in the first place.
There have now been numerous advancements with innovative technology and improved techniques that now mean that the bonding agents used to cement veneers to teeth are extremely strong.
This means that it is unlikely that a veneer should come off or fall off after the final fitting of the teeth.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
The dynamics of the chewing and speaking patterns are important when considering the forces applied to teeth.
We have looked into why a veneer would come off and one of the reasons has been that there may have been imbalances in the bite.
The top teeth and the bottom teeth should work harmoniously together creating a stable bite.
If there are any discrepancies then they can cause unnecessary forces to be applied to different teeth.
This is also true of speech patterns as teeth are used when talking.
If any pre-existing minor threats such as bruxism (teeth grinding & clenching), gum disease or tooth decay exist, then this needs to be looked at and managed as part of the overall treatment plan.
Before veneers are fitted it’s important for a specialist dentist to examine the state of your oral health, hygiene and the condition of its foundation before prescribing veneers.
How long do veneers last?
Veneers are nowadays constructed of immensely strong porcelains shells.
This means that they are unlikely to fracture and come off when using the teeth after treatment.
Correct fitting techniques
The dentist needs to use the correct techniques when fitting veneers to teeth.
Premium quality materials should be used without taking any shortcuts in the cementation process.
During the fitting, the bonding agents and the veneer material should be highly compatible with one another to allow for high bonding strengths.
Accurate Cementation techniques carried out in the hands of a highly-skilled, professional dentist will produce long-lasting results.
The adhesion process is very important and we always follow strict protocols to ensure the best possible outcome.
We have the experience of having 20,000 BEAUTIFULLY WHITE VENEERS FITTED SINCE 1994
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually painless whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Our happy patients often give the feedback that during the procedure they experienced little discomfort, which had been helped by using a local anaesthetic to numb the mouth.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, the specialist dentist like Dr Biju Krishan will be able to take a look at the general healthcare of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for correcting any imperfections; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
Tooth preparation before veneer procedure
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Improved imperfections delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot