Do veneers make eating difficult?
Veneers are designed to cosmetically improve imperfections in as little as three appointments.
This means that after treatment you should be able to use your new teeth as normal and leave our practice happy.
Interested in veneers but have a few more questions? Talk to us on Whatsapp now.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
Veneers should not hinder your biting and chewing in any way or impact the eating of any foods.
There should also be minimal or zero changes to your speech.
Once veneers have been constructed and fitted to your teeth they will be very durable and strong.
They also often help to create a stronger foundation and improve oral health and hygiene.
They will protect the underlying tooth tissue from external acidic erosion and tooth wear.
What eating is like with permanent veneers
We tackle this problem with your Trial Smile.
A Trial Smile is an extra step we incorporate during the veneer making process.
It is fitted onto your teeth on day one – which is usually the teeth preparation day. After this, it usually takes two weeks to construct porcelain or laboratory-made composite veneers.
During this time you will be using your Trial Smile Veneers which have been stuck to your teeth using a semi-permanent bond.
Trial Smile Veneers are made as close to the actual planned smile design as possible.
After their fitting, you will be asked to make a Trial Smile Review appointment. In this appointment, we will evaluate how you feel about your new smile and veneers.
The Trial Smile serves two purposes:
1. You can check out whether you are happy with the aesthetics.
If you are not then we can easily make any necessary changes and adjustments.
This means that your final teeth will be exactly as you want them to be. This step gives you total control of how your teeth will end up looking.
2. We can check to see if your bite patterns are stable and harmonious.
Since the Trial Smile is made of a type of plastic and it is stuck to your teeth using a semi-permanent bond only, if you were to put excessive forces on any of the veneered teeth, then they would break off at this stage.
It then gives us an opportunity to re-calculate and re-check the teeth.
We can then make the necessary adjustments in your final teeth to remove these damaging forces.
Teeth that are in the correct position and angulation will not cause any future problems and you will be able to eat comfortably with them.
Our Hertfordshire clinic carries out a range of dental veneer treatments designed to improve your smile.
Want to learn more? Call 01992827023.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down. The treatment is often described as pain-free but a local anaesthetic can be applied to the numb area and gums.
Fast, simple, painless process
- At your first appointment, your specialist dentist will be able to take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin. Issues that will need to be corrected and treated before your treatment include gum disease, tooth decay root canal infections.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out and examine the oral state and condition of your mouth. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to one of our expert dentists like Dr Sam Jethwa in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your oral healthcare – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly skilled team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on November 9, 2021