Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
Successful treatment is dependent on not only the laboratory creation of a superb highly aesthetic and realistic looking porcelain veneer but also on the durability of the adhesive bonds.
Veneers are bonded to teeth using a cementation technique that secures the porcelain firmly to the tooth and often requires little anaesthetic.
“Cementation” simply means sticking the porcelain to the tooth using agents with extremely strong adhesive properties. It describes the process of using special cement to adhere to the veneers to your existing teeth.
Similar products can be used to bond any type of ceramic Indirect Restoration or Filling.
The choice of bonding agents and system is dependent upon:
- The personal preference of the clinician.
Professional entists may find that in their hands one technique and system is better than any other.
Most of these cementation systems are technique sensitive, meaning that the procedure must be followed accurately and requires specialist dentists to apply.
It is wise to opt for a expert dentist, like Dr Bhavna Doshi, who will follow precise processes and have had clinical experience of success.
Also, different cementation systems have varying usability and setting speeds of the products.
These too can greatly affect the quality of the end result if not managed correctly.
- The quality of the bonding system.
We only use premium and high-quality products that secure a good outcome.
- The type of porcelain’s fitting surface.
Some restorations require a particular type of process. For example, a porcelain surface may be pre-treated or pre-roughed to allow for better bonding.
- Whether the bonding is to enamel or dentine.
Both have different structures: enamel is all inorganic mineral whilst dentine is composed of both organic and non-organic parts.
Minimally prepared teeth will have more enamel surface whilst those teeth that are deep into dentine will have differing bonding requirements.
The Cementation Process:
- If any local anaesthetic is required this is first given.
- The transitional or temporary restorations/veneers are then removed and the teeth cleaned.
- The teeth are then isolated to keep away any saliva or moist lips and cheeks from the mouth.
- The veneers are then “tried-in” to make sure they are all fit correctly.
- The veneers are then prepared using a special acidic agent and a bonding resin. This will allow the porcelain to fuse to the bonding cement.
- The bonding surface of the teeth is then prepared by washing thoroughly and then etching of the surface. This etching process uses an acid that creates microscopic “holes” into the tooth surface. You cannot see them with the naked eye. They are required so that the cement can integrate with the tooth surface establishing an immensely strong bond.
- The teeth surfaces are then treated with special agents that reduce any post-operative sensitivity and bonding resin.
- The main cementing product is a light coloured base paste. Different shades of the base cement can be used depending upon the specific colour choices or levels of opacity required. This paste sets hard when a special blue light is shone onto the veneer. This process is called “light-curing”.
- In some cases, we require a double bonding system – one that is both light and chemically cured or set. In these circumstances, we can use another cement called a “catalyst”. When the catalyst cement is mixed with the base cement it sets off a chemical reaction which starts the process of setting the cement hard. Speed is often of the essence here. These cements can also be light-cured for additional security.
- The cement is placed in each veneer and each veneer (one at a time) is placed upon the specially prepared tooth surface. The veneers are then light-cured to set hard on each tooth.
- Each tooth is then cleaned up. Special smoothing drills are used to polish each veneer on each tooth. We then make sure that you can easily floss your teeth.
- Finally, the biting surfaces are checked to make sure the patient is comfortable.
- You will then be able to sit up and have a look at your final teeth.
At The Perfect Smile Studios, we have a special clinic dedicated specifically to the cementation process.
This allows us to be completely focused on a smooth process that increases that likelihood of longer lasting dentistry.
That’s why in London and Hertfordshire, we are considered one of the best. The proof of this is with our individual patients, who leave our practice happy and empowered.
See: Tooth preparation
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.
It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Achieve a durable and more fantastic smile
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
Quick recovery and pain free appointments
One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can safely treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- Gaps between teeth
- Worn and chipped teeth
- Gummy Smiles
- Crooked teeth
- Discoloured and enamel loss
On top of this, veneers have been known to correct and provide solutions for sensitivity, decay and gum disease.
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Specialist dentists, who use the latest techniques and advances in modern dentistry to achieve first-class treatments.
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With more than 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios hasa team of highly-skilled staff and expert dentists that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.