Last Updated on
Temporary veneers (also known as a trial smile) give you the opportunity to see a preview of how you would like your teeth to ultimately look.
Highly skilled and recommended dentist, Dr Rahul Doshi will prepare your teeth, then place this temporary fixture on to give you the opportunity to “try-out” your new smile before the final veneers are fitted.
Trial Smiles provide the additional benefit that your teeth are protected while your permanent veneers are being made in the dental laboratory.
These are completely removable temporary veneers that allow you to see the type of smile that could work for you before you commit to any treatment choice.
It also allows for any adjustments to be made after the initial smile design treatment planning and before your permanent veneers are fitted.
Advantages of a Trial Smile
- The patient gets to “try-out” the new smile for a few weeks before the final construction.
- A unique opportunity for our patients to be able to contribute to the final aesthetics of the new smile. They can see if their new smile is comfortable and how they had envisioned it to be.
- On a Trial-Smile review appointment subsequent to the preparation appointment the patient is able to discuss their exact requirements using the Trial Smile on their teeth as a point of reference.
- This allows for clearer communication and removes any ambiguity as to how the final smile will look. The patient always remains in total control of their treatment.
Our cosmetic dentists are able to verify that the teeth will remain stable in the patient’s mouth.
This is critical for long-term success.
It also gives the dentists invaluable information on how the new smile will function to make sure that it is in harmony with all the teeth without putting too much pressure on individual teeth and muscles.
It is very important that the final bite is as he had planned and pre-designed.
We also use the Trial Smile to establish the correct characteristics of the individual teeth and final cosmetic smile such as depth of colour, light-reflective ability, contours and surface lustre.
This refinement process enables successful results.
To find out more about the pricing and payment options for our veneers treatment, click here.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Your new and improved natural smile
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth.
To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
Safe, Fast & Pain-free
One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- Gaps between teeth or worn and chipped teeth
- Gummy Smiles
- Crooked, discoloured, overlapping or broken teeth
Many other expert cosmetic dentists agree that veneers do much more than just improving the appearance of your smile. They addresss and correct oral health issues such as tooth decay, gum disease and much, much more.
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter and straigher looking teeth
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
- Powerful affect on oral health
- Prevents tooth sensitivity
- Improved oral hygiene
Improved imperfecttions delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dental professionals & veneer specialists
Approved and rated technicians: Doctor Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of highly-rated experience, Perfect Smile Studios have fantastic & trustworthy staff who will be able to walk you through every stage of your treatment and ensure you are happy every step of the way.
Composite vs Porcelain veneers
What is the difference between these two treatment types? Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are adhered to the outer-surface of the tooth. Composite veneers use a resin thats applied to the outer-surface. Typically, because porcelain veneers are made from a stronger material they last longer. Composite veneers in this case are the more affordable option.
Both treatments are custom designed to match, or brighten your teeth and improve imperfections.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Error: The account for perfectsmile needs to be reconnected.
Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page