Patients in the past might have avoided veneers because they perceive that the final look will look bulky and thick. However, bad cases have seen the thickness often appear on the edge of the tooth.
From the front of the smile, the teeth may look bulky and push the lips creating a ‘pout’ look. From the back of the teeth, there will be thickness at the edge, which may annoy the tongue and also perhaps cause a bite issue.
Bad practice can often give the wrong impression of veneer treatments and procedures. The finished look entirely depends on the essential sculpting and restorative skills of your dentist.
Reasons for bulky veneers include:
1. The veneer may be thick. Thick veneers were often placed as the older porcelain ceramics need to have a minimum thickness of 0.7mm to achieve adequate strength, or they were designed to be thick if the ceramics used do not have adequate experience. Emax, the ceramic material we use is very hard, often 5 times the strength of the older materials, and as such our veneers can be made very thin ( 0.3mm), especially when using variants of EMax porcelain.
2. The edge of the tooth may not have been finely adjusted to allow a thin veneer edge. This is often the case if the teeth are rotated or if the teeth are more prominent. There is a fine balance between adjusting the tooth significantly and not enough. It is the experience and knowledge of preparation techniques, artistry and ceramic materials that will create the thin veneer.
Our highly recommended dental clinic has placed tens of thousands of thin veneers. This is because our experienced technicians have access to the latest treatments and technologies.
Replacement veneer treatments are possible for the majority of patients, who wish to replace and upgrade their existing veneers with new advanced treatments such as Lumineers, Durathin and Ultrathin veneers.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
To understand your specific need and possibility, it may be worthwhile booking an appointment to see a cosmetic dentist.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Expert entists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology and uses the latest techniques to deliver quick, comfortable results.
Throughout their career, our dental staff have helped correct many imperfections for our patients to help them achieve a fantastic smile as well as ensuring their oral hygiene and health is in a good condition.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on May 24, 2022