It can be difficult for patients to weigh up the pros and cons of teeth whitening versus veneers.
Whereas veneers are a more permanent treatment teeth whitening is the cheaper option. Both come with advantages.
Teeth whitening is a faster process but also a short term solution perhaps better suited to improving your smile for an event like a wedding.
Veneers are also a quick option (two appointments) and offer patients a wide range of choices in terms of colour, cost, durability.
They also have the advantages of cover chips and more extensive staining and blemishing, but this all comes at a price.
With huge advances in the cosmetic dentistry field, faster, easier and more affordable non-evasive dental and treatments have become available.
Call 01992 552115 to book an appointment today.
Which one is right for me?
Deciding whether veneers or teeth whitening is the most suitable will entirely depend on your overall oral health and condition of your teeth.
If you are suffering from major staining to be reversed by teeth whitening and may require a veneer placement to conceal the issue.
Veneers can control the end result in terms of ‘whiteness’
A popular solution for patients suffering from discolouration, decay and staining, veneers offer patients a quick and flawless fix.
Veneers are a popular, permanent solution for patients who suffer from discolouration, decay and staining.
Severely discoloured teeth that are tougher and resistant to whitening treatments can be targeted with veneer applications.
For example, severe cases of fluorosis cannot be correct with teeth whitening procedures but rather already whitened veneers that can improve the overall look of your smile.
- Looks just like natural teeth
- Require less shaping than crowns
- Strong, durable and aesthetically-pleasing
- Repairs multiple cosmetic oral conditions
- Minimally invasive
- Quick cosmetic fix
- Easy to maintain
- A permanent tooth whitening solution
- Can last a lifetime
Alternative tooth whitening systems
Here at the Perfect Smile, we offer a range of advanced and strong tooth whitening solutions, which use new and innovative whitening techniques.
Teeth whitening is one of the least invasive options and can be one of the most affordable treatments for patients wishing to access a brighter and whiter smile.
Over recent years, tooth whitening products that can be applied at home has become a do-it-yourself solution which is inexpensive. See: Zoom teeth whitening.
However, results vary from person to person as certain at-home options do not work for everyone.
We would always advise, in the case of your oral health to seek a dental professional’s advice, who will be licensed to administer these whitening agents safely and correctly.
See our professional whitening treatments available: Click here.
- Both eliminate discolouration and that’s all the two treatments have in common. Veneers are used to correct a wealth of dental problems and conditions. Considered as a long-term solution, veneers are custom-made to suit the individual, which attribute to their cost. See prices here.
- As mentioned above, veneers can last a lifetime (upwards of 15 years). Made from a highly resistant and strong material, porcelain veneers are favoured of all the types for its durable qualities. Compared to teeth whitening, this type of treatment does not make teeth resilient to staining and may require further whitening treatments in the future.
- Procedure: Although slightly more invasive than tooth whitening, veneers require minimal prep of the tooth, where a small amount of enamel is removed from the surface. This makes it a permanent procedure as enamel does not grow back. From here the veneer is bonded using special cement to the tooth. Even less invasive procedures like composite veneers are available. The veneer procedure can take up to three appointments (same-day placements for composite).
Combine veneers with whitening treatments
Have you considered combining treatments?
Depending on your teeth, we can fit 4-10 veneers on the front teeth and treat the other teeth with a professional whitening treatment.
This means that you get a whole smile makeover without having to veneer every tooth. Click here for prices
Mini-Makeovers include procedures like teeth whitening, minimal or no preparation Ultra-thin Veneers and minor teeth adjustments.
Cosmetic Mini-Makeovers can range from £1000 to £4000 per treatment plan.
Our expert dental staff are very experienced in achieving successful results with cosmetic treatments such as veneers.
98.2% of our patients leave our practice happy and often with newfound confidence.
Have a look at our before and after gallery.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
Call 01992 552115 to book an appointment today.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.
It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot