The world’s most popular orthodontic treatment – curing over 6 million uneven smiles.
Invisalign is not just an excellent tooth straightening system targeted at adults to align their teeth more discreetly; it has different and specific variations targeted to suit teens and children.
You might already know that, unlike traditional wire braces, Invisalign is often completed in half the time and is a preferable option as it’s near-invisible.
But it’s also the other benefits that make it all worthwhile. Invisalign can significantly impact your oral condition, health and hygiene because it can relieve problems caused by Bruxism and much more.
But which type of treatment is right for you?
Invisalign for Adult Mouths
We can treat Class 1 cases that avoid tooth extraction and target mild to moderate crowding and spacing – completed in around eight months.
Our Invisalign Go packages will be able to treat mild to moderate alignment issues that are class 1 corrections (regular, balanced bites).
Typical treatment times will range from 15 to 30 weeks, and the number of aligners involved will be anywhere from 20-26, depending on the treatment plan.
This particular type of treatment is used hand in hand with other treatments in restorative and cosmetic dentistry. For example, Invisalign improves the results of other procedures like crowns, veneers and other restorations.
Invisalign Go helps with:
- Pre-implant spacing
- Alignment for veneers
- Alignment for crowns
- Realignment for bridges and composites
This type of aligner is restricted to a Class 1 case – where the bite is considered normal, and the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth by a small amount. You may need up to 14 aligners in total to complete the treatment. The treatment typically takes 4-8 months.
These aligners can be used for most dentition types. The number of aligners will be dependent upon your treatment plan and the severity of your condition. Comprehensive Invisalign has the most significant degree of flexibility possible. Treatment times can take up to 12 months.
Only seven aligners to correct minor irregularities in less than six months.
Invisalign for Teen Mouths
- Invisalign Go: For balanced bites but minor straightening corrections.
- Invisalign Teen: Instead of brackets and wires, Invisalign clear aligners are made from smooth and strong SmartTrack plastic materials, are practically invisible and can allow your child to smile confidently.
Unlike traditional and non-removable braces and metal brackets, Invisalign uses only a few transparent custom clear aligners that you can take out for two hours each day, which will stop it from conflicting with your teenager’s lifestyle.
Invisalign Teen works the same as other Invisalign treatments. However, there are slight differences and improvements to make the treatment more suitable for teens.
Blue wear indicators:
Fading from blue to clear on either of your aligners helps you gauge how often you are wearing your aligners to help you keep track of your progress.
Replacement aligners included:
We know teens are prone to losing things as they are always on the go, so if your aligners get misplaced, we throw in a few extras!
Invisalign Teen aligners include some additional features that guide the growth of new emerging teeth, which help get them into a planned and straighter position from the start.
Conditions treated with Invisalign Teen include:
- Overly crowded and crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth (up to 6mm)
- Deep bites
- Open bite
- 40% fewer appointments
- Shorter appointment times (10 minutes every 6-8 weeks)
- Fewer emergency appointments
- Digital planning for precise results and predictions
- Improved oral hygiene
Recommended treatment: Invisalign First
Also referred to as Phase 1, Invisalign First improves your children’s smiles as they grow.
Similar to the Invisalign Teen, Invisalign First aligners treat a broad range of teeth and bite problems such as simple to complex cases of crowding, spacing and narrow dental arches.
Candidates for this procedure need to be between 6 and 10, which is the optimal time to begin orthodontic treatment.
Read more about Invisalign for children here.
- Safe, secure and stable
- Virtually invisible
- Improves state of oral healthcare
- Quick and easy treatment
- Requires fewer checkups
- Allows you to continue with sports and other activities
Call the team now to book an appointment or for further information and advice on 01992 552115.
What type of Invisalign is right for you?
To be honest, this is entirely dependent on your unique bite condition. It would be unfair of us to suggest the perfect treatment for your oral state without taking a look.
We have designed our Invisalign consultations to identify which treatments you qualify for, so we can advise on the best and fastest course of treatment that can give you a straighter smile in a realistic time frame.
Your consultation will involve:
- The Invisalign Treatment Coordinator will answer all of your questions. Meet them here.
- A consultation with Dr Sagar will be able to hear your concerns and develop a treatment plan that will help you reach your smile goals.
- Digital impressions, X-rays, 6,000 3D images of your mouth and predictions of what the finished result will look like using the iTero scanner – this alone is worth over £250!
- Quotations on the cost of your treatment – our prices for Invisalign Go begin from £2,500 for a single arch and £3,500 for a dual arch. See fees.
- Finance information and an explanation of how 0% finance works for patients wanting to split the cost over 24 months interest-free.
Medically reviewed & updated on June 28, 2022