Aesthetic or tooth coloured braces are made from porcelain or ceramic and differ from plastic (polycarbonate) braces in terms of the superior durability, colour stability, strength and overall performance throughout the treatment.
They are one of a clear alternative to metal braces as they are clear tooth coloured brackets. Tooth coloured braces are the same size and shape as metal braces.
- Fitting ceramic brackets is a fairly simple process
- Tooth coloured brackets are a cost effective alternative to invisible lingual braces and clear aligners (Invisalign) as there are no laboratory fees involved
- Less noticeable than conventional metal braces, hence, they suit both adult and children who want to smile with confidence
- Teeth movement are under a better control than other invisible braces
- Slightly more expensive than metal braces
- They can stain easily if patients don’t care for them well
- The wires that are used to bring the teeth into the desired position can also be tooth coloured but as treatment progresses stronger metal wires will be needed.