Last Updated on
A great looking smile with healthy teeth tends to reverse the appearance of aging. Studies show that 50% of people seek out cosmetic dentistry because they know that it will make them look younger.
There are many benefits to aesthetic dentistry that can be anti-aging. The results of smile enhancements have been so impressive that many have referred to cosmetic dental treatments as “dental face lifts!”
Also, cosmetic work can benefit all ages of people, not only the older group. There are whole spectrums of treatments available ranging from very simple to advanced complex that can cater for all type of requirements. Thus anti-aging cosmetic treatment is available in all shapes and sizes and for all types of budgets.
Some of the anti-aging benefits you will see are:
- Cosmetically enhanced and better-aligned front teeth support your lips properly thus giving you enhanced fuller lip appearance.
- Better-supported lips and face around your mouth area prevents early signs of aging such as lines and wrinkles forming around your mouth. This helps to keep the aging process at bay.
- Whiter teeth are synonymous with healthy teeth.
- Missing teeth are synonymous with older people.
- A bright white smile is synonymous with younger teeth and thus a younger person.
- Corrective treatments can rejuvenate the entire smile
- There are many cosmetic enhancements that we incorporate into our cosmetic work that actually makes teeth look younger. We take advantage of how light reflects on certain surfaces and how much opacity or translucency we give our porcelain work. This all contributes to aesthetically pleasing more attractive teeth and is consequently anti-aging.