PROS: Quick results | Safe | Effective | Simple process | Non-invasive | Choose your shade
We are witnessing an emerging trend of new patients requesting whiter and brighter teeth.
Considered as a safe treatment, there are various teeth whitening methods that can help you achieve a new dazzling smile.
The process uses bleach to lighten your teeth up to several shades.
However, the procedure cannot make your teeth the whitest shade, there are various other cosmetic methods we can use to produce this Hollywood result.
Ensuring a safe and successful procedure
It is important for prospective patients requesting teeth whitening to understand that this type of treatment is a particular form of dentistry that should only be carried out by a regulated dental professional.
It is illegal to perform any teeth whitening procedure without a medical and dental professional present as it can pose a risk to your oral health if not performed correctly.
A common problem: Teeth discolouration
Have your teeth changed colour? Do they no longer look as bright and white as they should?
We meet many patients who feel self-conscious about their smiles because of discolouration and staining, which is a common problem for many.
There are many factors that can lead the teeth to become discoloured and darken.
Extrinsic reasons include fluoride exposure, smoking and drinking coffee, tea, wine and fizzy drinks. However, intrinsic causes like disease, poor dental hygiene and genetics can also play a factor.
Types of teeth whitening treatments:
- Zoom teeth whitening: Applicable either in our clinic or at home and is clinically proven to whiten teeth up to eight shades. For the best results, we do recommend you visiting our practice to have the procedure performed by an expert dentist. Using a whitening gel and an LED lamp, we can lighten your teeth in just one session. For patients wishing to carry out this treatment at home, your dentist will provide you with a custom whitening tray and ZOOM whitening gels to administer.
- Laser teeth whitening: We use the Elexxion high-performance dental laser for laser bleaching. The laser accelerates the bleaching gel for maximum results in just one appointment.
- Enlighten evolution complete treatment system: This is powerful without causing any sensitivity. Enlighten manufactures the only whitening system in the world to guarantee the lightest possible results for every patient.
- Teeth whitening veneers: Veneers are a very thin cover that is applied to the front surface of your tooth to give the appearance of a whiter more even smile. We offer various brands and veneer materials, for example, Lumineers, which are wafer-thin and affordable. Requiring no shaving or drilling, you can create a uniform, straight smile within a few appointments.
Call 01992 552115 to book an appointment today.
Cost of teeth whitening
- Teeth whitening One Arch £260
- Teeth whitening Both arches £360
How does the procedure work?
The process of getting your teeth whitened can take several visits over a few months.
We can either carry out this procedure at our practice, or patients can conduct certain parts of the procedure at home.
The first step usually involves an expert dentist taking an impression of the mouth and teeth in order to construct a mouthguard that you will be taught how to use at home.
At home, using your new mouthguard, you can apply the gel over a specific period of time (usually between two and four weeks).
However, there are certain whitening gels that can be applied for eight hours at a time, which means you can complete your treatment within a week.
Procedures that often take place in a dental surgery use a bleaching product that is applied to the teeth and a laser is shone on top to activate the agent.
This kind of treatment can take just an hour.
Why should you choose a dentist?
At-home whitening kits can appear to be more convenient and easy to use, however, it is often the case that they do not contain enough product to be effective or teeth sensitivity and blistering can occur due to ill-fitted mouthguards.
It’s always best to trust and opt for a professional dentist, who performs these procedures on a daily basis.
This is one way to ensure your procedure is carried out safely and comfortable so you can attain the best results.
The Perfect Smile goes the extra mile to make your treatment unique.
- Expert cosmetic dentists
- 25+ years of experience
- The go-to clinic for cosmetic procedures in London and Hertfordshire
- Offer affordable prices, payment plans and 0% finance
- Consistent five-star reviews
See before and afters here.
Before and After:
Have a look at our Smile Gallery to see examples of our patients before & after teeth whitening treatments at our practice.