Although dental implants may be cosmetic, there are cases where implants are needed to improve your quality of life.
Why choose dental implants?
- They provide an excellent long-term solution to missing teeth: Since implants are a perfect durable treatment, the treatment can be very long-lasting and, in many, can last a lifetime.
- They are easier to look after since you clean them as you would regular teeth: It is advisable to regularly see your hygienist if you have had implants. Your hygienist can make a tailor-made program for looking after your teeth that you can follow at home.
- Improve your speaking ability: Dentures can move around and so make speaking and phonetics difficult. Also, you do not need to contend with excessive use of facial muscles to hold the dentures in place.
- Improve your chewing ability: Provide a stable foundation, so you can better chew your food due to teeth that do not move.
- Implants are a convenient treatment: Since you do not have to remove them from your mouth and treat them as you would your regular teeth.
- It is essential to replace missing teeth for the ongoing health of the remaining teeth: Implants do just that – they prevent neighbouring teeth from drifting, rotating and twisting.
- Implants change your appearance: For the better, giving you back your smile, self-esteem, and confidence. View our results.
- Protect your jawbone from further deterioration and loss: Implants prevent and slow down bone atrophy. However, innovative solutions in implant dentistry mean you can still have implants regardless of the insufficient quantity or quality of bone.
- Better support for facial muscles: When people lose teeth, their faces often look aged and hollow. Teeth support the muscles and skin, and when you lose teeth, that part of the face can look as if it collapsed a little.
At the Perfect Smile, we want to help everyone get the confident smile that they want.
The Advantages of a Fixed Treatment Solution
Dental implants are an excellent treatment option for missing teeth that is also fixed in the mouth, unlike other options such as removable dentures.
Implants are also able to be used in situations where a dental bridge may not be viable.
Dental implants have many advantages over all other missing teeth replacement options making this treatment solution very similar to natural teeth.
There is now a whole host of various dental implants that cater to a wide range of situations.
Innovation in dental implants has paved the way to create meaningful long-term fixed solutions to missing teeth.
Replacing missing teeth with dental implants restores the teeth’s chewing ability and bite patterns similar to teeth to natural teeth.
Dental implants can maintain the normal functioning of teeth without any detriment to the harmony or stability of the bite.
Dental implants have a more significant advantage over other missing teeth replacement options like dentures since dentures tend to move more than regular teeth and do not operate as efficiently when the upper teeth and lower teeth are chewing and fitting together.
Dental implants have overcome this problem.
Dental implants are a surgical treatment that has a proven track record of longevity.
This treatment option is only carried out after a very comprehensive assessment and is not done with replacement in mind.
Therefore, much detail goes into the Treatment Planning stage to select the suitable case for the correct implant system that is the most compatible for the patient.
We only use those brands and implant systems that have proven to be long-lasting and successful.
Prevents Loss of Bone
Dental implants are a great benefit because they maintain the surrounding bone.
Bone is very much like muscle on the skeleton. If it is not used regularly, then it can become atrophic and waste away.
When we use teeth to chew, they regularly stimulate the surrounding jawbone. This action creates a function for the bone, and hence the bone remains.
It is commonly seen that when teeth are extracted and not replaced, then the bone will disintegrate over time, leading to a fragile jawbone.
A thin jawbone makes treatment more complex regardless of whether with a denture or implant.
Dental implants are the only treatment option that can retain and maintain bone tissue.
The implant replaces the lost tooth visible in the mouth and the root part of the tooth.
Dental implants have a screw-like root structure with threading down them. Browse our single implant treatment.
The process by which the implant connects with the bone encourages further integration.
This process called Osseointegration maintains a bio-mechanical connection that also continuously stimulates the bone.
Conservative Treatment Option
Since dental implants are a stand-alone treatment and do not need the support or functioning of any neighbouring teeth, it is a very conservative treatment choice.
Unlike dental bridges that are also used to replace missing teeth, implants do not require the support, preparation or tooth cutting of any other teeth.
The dental implant is placed into the bone that previously held the root of a tooth.
Dental implants help the bone to be retained.
The position of the lower lip and the lower teeth in relation to the upper front teeth are used to make certain sounds during speech. For example, sounds like “S”, “F”, and “V”.
Also, the amount and shape of space between the top front teeth and the bottom front teeth governs your speech.
Hence, the size, position and orientation of the front teeth are essential when speaking. If these teeth are lost in any way, then the speech is automatically affected.
Treatment solutions such as dentures do not facilitate this aspect as decisively as we would like due to the inevitable movement of dentures.
However, dental implants maintain speech by maintaining the orientation and position of the new teeth.
The sooner teeth are replaced after extraction, the more likely it is for the speech to be unaffected.
When teeth are to be extracted, it can have a negative effect on the person since it leaves them feeling not “whole”.
Over the years, e have seen how this affects their self-esteem and self-confidence. Lost teeth affect a person’s chewing ability and function, but the compromise in aesthetics has an ageing impact on the face.
In our experience, when teeth are failing, the sooner we replace these teeth the best outcomes we see in patients.
Fortunately, dental implants provide a great solution to replacing any missing teeth to make the new artificial teeth look and feel like natural teeth.
Also, with the advent of Immediate Implants, the implant treatment can be carried out on the day of extraction, and you can use the teeth straight away.
This minimises any adverse effects on a person’s psychological and emotional state.
Our prices vary for each patient.
This depends on the number of implants needed, gum health, your bite, the density of your bone, the height and width of your bone, the structure, the desired appearance and the type of implant used.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- Step 3: We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- Step 5: The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Step 6: Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
- Minimal appointments: Unlike traditional dental implant surgery, you will need fewer appointments
- No lengthy treatment time: The healing time is fast and effective, though individual to each person.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced implant team
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly skilled team with access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on May 19, 2022