Two of our most popular cosmetic treatments are implants and dentures.
Both treatments can achieve a fantastic result that restores your confident smile, but this is dependent on what’s best for you.
“We will offer a solution that can achieve the perfect smile that you can be confident with.”Dr David Bloom
Find the best option for you:
At a glance
For some people, implants are a better fit for treatment. However, for others, dentures would be the more suitable alternative.
Both treatments are excellent in their respect. The success and longevity of any treatment depend on the appropriateness of each treatment to the individual case.
They each become the proper treatment in the appropriate circumstances.
You can also choose to have dentures supported by implants. So you have implants placed in the jaw and a removable denture that fits securely on top.
The best way of choosing between dentures and implants is to look at the advantages of each treatment and see which you would prefer.
The choice of treatment depends on:
The amount and quality of the bone levels in the jawbone.
Bone density would be a deciding factor as to whether implants would be correct for you instead of dentures.
In most instances, there is good bone support which reduces the complexity of the treatment.
However, in situations where you don’t have enough bone, dentures may be your only alternative, or you may need to consider an advanced treatment like bone grafting.
The number of missing teeth
If you have only a few teeth missing, then implants can provide a good option.
Many people find partial dentures challenging to cope with or don’t like the metal clasps used to retain the denture in the mouth.
You have two options:
- A fixed option (one where you don’t take your teeth out)
- A removable option (like a denture that you put in to eat and take out to clean)
If you don’t like the feeling of having mobile dentures in your mouth, then you may opt to choose implants.
On the other hand, a fixed option allows you to eat confidently and consume foods you previously could not.
Implants involve surgical treatment and are an invasive procedure.
Some people may not like this type of treatment and prefer a more straightforward option.
The level of infection in your mouth
Your susceptibility to it also plays an important consideration for which treatment would be more appropriate for you.
Your clinical examination will highlight this point for us.
There are various solutions for replacing missing teeth
At the Perfect Smile Studios, we offer a free consultation with our CQC registered practice, who can provide you with an assessment and treatment based on you.
“We will offer a solution that can achieve the perfect smile that you can be confident with.”
We’re proud to use the latest, cutting-edge technology for our cosmetic treatments.
This technology enables us to get an extensive, detailed image and report of your gum and jaw structure.
Our technology can help us make an informed decision when suggesting if a dental implant or denture is right for you.
We can organise a consultation for you to discuss the best way forward for you.
This appointment is complimentary and forms a good starting point to discuss the variety of options and choices available to you.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- Step 3: We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- Step 5: The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Step 6: Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced implant team
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly skilled team with access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot