Prior to implant treatment, you should allow your body to be in the best health possible to allow for the best healing.
You may want to ask your general medical practitioner if there are any contraindications to having implant therapy.
The ideal implant scenario
For ideal health, it is vital the gums are healthy prior to implant placement.
This is because the prevalence of gum disease creates a source of bacteria that may affect the primary healing of the implant, and thus, it’s a success.
After the implant has been placed the presence of gum disease may create an increased chance of infection of the gum around the implant, leading to peri-implantitis, one of the leading causes of implant failure.
Hence hygiene visit prior to placement is very important.
Also like any surgical treatment, it is vital that the patient is on good health and that all medical issues are under control such as steroid therapy, bleeding disorders, and diabetes.
You should stop smoking at least 6 months prior to having any implants placed having plenty of water.
Please be mindful of the below factors:
If you are taking aspirin, you should check with your physician that it is suitable to stop the recommended dose one week before the implant placement.
Make sure you have taken the prescribed antibiotics before arriving at the dental practice and that you complete the course of medication in the period afterward.
Research has shown that regular smokers lack Vitamin C. This deficiency interferes with all healing processes.
Smokers are strongly advised to take 1,500mg of Vitamin C a day for one month prior to the operation and continue for as long as possible afterward for its general health benefit.
However, if possible, you should give serious consideration to giving up smoking altogether or discuss with your dentist a suitable period of cessation pre- and post-operatively for the critical surgical stages.
All patients can help the process of healing by taking 1,200 international units (IU) of Vitamin E, and 60 milligrams of beta carotin each day starting three weeks before the operation.
Ensure that your diet contains at least 1,200 milligrams of calcium a day. Dietary supplements should continue for at least three months after surgery.
What is also essential is the aftercare and maintenance of your implants for long term success.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- Step 3: We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- Step 5: The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Step 6: Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
- Minimal appointments: Unlike traditional dental implant surgery, you will need fewer appointments
- No lengthy treatment time: The healing time is fast and effective, though individual to each person.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced implant team
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly skilled team with access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot