Last Updated on
Did you know that 45% of UK adults are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth?
20% of UK adults would consider having some form of cosmetic treatment like veneers to improve the appearance of their smile according to a survey conducted by YouGov.
Dr Rahul Doshi established The Perfect Smile to provide world-class cosmetic dental treatments to patients in and around Hertford and London.
Dr Doshi handpicked a team of cosmetic dentists and specialists, with decades of knowledge and incredible skills in creating beautiful and natural-looking smiles for patients.
Read some testimonials on our success:
“From the moment I stepped into the Perfect Smile Studio I knew I was in safe hands.
My concerns and issues were listened to and a treatment plan was put in place. The staff are all so caring and friendly… my confidence is restored and it really has changed my life.
I cannot thank you all enough.” Anne Liddington, Feb 2018.
Maintain your veneers with our aftercare guidelines
The same work required to maintain natural teeth is required for veneers.
This includes brushing your teeth twice a day, daily flossing, using one of the interdental brushes and if suggested an interspace brush.
Although porcelain is highly resilient to staining and cannot decay, porcelain veneers still require regular care and attention.
You should also be aware of the frequency of sugar in your diet to reduce any occurrence of decay.
Your cosmetic dentist will discuss aftercare instructions with you once your porcelain veneers have been fitted.
Following our recommendations will help to keep your veneers in excellent condition:
- Keep a good oral hygiene routine
- Visit a hygienist to check your oral hygiene and cleaning around your teeth and veneers.
- Organise to have regular check-ups and radiographs taken.
It is essential to maintain good oral habits – brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and floss daily.
Use a mouthwash daily
This will help minimise the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Choose a teeth-friendly diet
Limit your intake of the most common foods and drinks that cause staining:
Black teas, coffees and red wines. It is also advisable not to smoke in order to avoid nicotine stains.
Avoiding substances that stain teeth will prevent obvious discrepancies in colour between your veneers and natural teeth.
- Regular dental examinations
We recommend checkups at least once a year as well as regular visits to the hygienist for professional cleaning.
This allows your dentist to detect any early signs of problems which can be dealt with before anything more serious occurs.
- Wear a nightguard
If you tend to grind your teeth, we recommend getting fitted for a nightguard. This will prevent your veneers from being worn down.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.
It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot