Last Updated on
Your smile is one of the first things people notice when they meet you, but many people in the UK feel unhappy, insecure and embarrassed by their smile.
Porcelain veneers are typically used to disguise discolouration, restore broken or damaged teeth, close gaps, correct gummy smiles and replace chipped teeth.
Patients suffering from crooked bites, who are looking for an alternative to orthodontic solutions tend to opt for quick and reliable veneer treatments.
The highly recommended team of dental staff at The Perfect Smile Practice, under the management of the internationally recognised cosmetic dentist Dr Rahul Doshi, are very skilled and experienced at creating amazing, natural-looking smiles.
Our approved, regarded and rated speciliasts use advanced cosmetic dental techniques and the latest aesthetic treatments like instant veneers.
Our technicians have exceptional knowledge and expertise in the cosmetic dentistry field and have treated literally tens of thousands of happy patients over the last 25 years.
“For years I had bad concerns about my teeth. I went from dentist to dentist in my local community and found no one able to help, until I came across TPS. I am so pleased with the work I have had done and now have my smile and confidence back. Perfect Smile colleagues are lovely, the treatment was relaxed and I would suggest them to others.” Jayne Bakerwood, September 2018.
Do you require both upper and bottom dental veneers?
The number of veneers chosen as a treatment plan is decided on the concerns that each patient has and what the final objectives are. The final smile is created to achieve harmony and balance to the patient’s face, lips and character.
For a complete smile makeover patients often choose to have 8 or 10 veneers. This is chosen when the patient wants to improve the colour considerably and correct oral concerns like discolouration.
Some patient may choose not only to have upper 8 or 10 veneers but also lower veneers. The number of lower veneers chosen is again dependant on the issues present and the final look that the patient wants.
Many patients often choose to have 4 veneers only. This is because the majority of the teeth often visible are the front four. In these cases, the front teeth corrected are uneven, crooked or have gaps, but the back teeth are often in good alignment.
The patients here often want a natural smile that suits them and merges with the teeth that are not be not being treated. Here we can whiten and brighten the lower teeth and whiten the upper back teeth.
Sometimes 6 veneers are chosen and the reason for this is choosing to have front 4 veneers in addition to the fact that the canines may be a factor of concern due to its size, colour, contour and shape.
Patients can always choose to have additional veneers in the future if they choose to.
How many veneers do I need?
Ask yourself these three questions:
- How big is your smile? How many teeth show?
- Are your teeth discoloured? Do you want your teeth to be whiter?
- Would you like to change the overall shape, size and contour of your teeth?
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Create a stronger and more powerful oral foundation
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
The best choice for a healthier and more confident smile
There are many reasons that veneers have become so popular for patients looking to improve their health as well as the appearance of their mouth. Veneers can correct a multitude of dental issues like:
- Gapped teeth
- Worn, chipped, broken and cracked teeth
- Gummy smiles
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth affected by discolouration and root canals
Dentists like Dr Gurs Sehmi have also provided custom veneers for patients suffering from tooth decay, sensitivity and gum disease.
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
Composite vs Porcelain veneers
What is the difference between these two treatment types? Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are adhered to the outer-surface of the tooth. Composite veneers use a resin thats applied to the outer-surface. Typically, because porcelain veneers are made from a stronger material they last longer. Composite veneers in this case are the more affordable option.
Both treatments are custom designed to match, or brighten your teeth and improve imperfections.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Error: The account for perfectsmile needs to be reconnected.
Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page