Last Updated on
This is an assessment appointment with our gum specialist, also called a Periodontist. You may be referred for this consultation when your gums are not responding to traditional treatments and advanced care is required.
The Periodontal Assessment involves:
- Full in-depth measurements and assessment of your gum and bone condition.
- An evaluation of your bone levels and the support that it is providing your teeth.
- The biological status of your teeth, gums, bone, and soft tissues. This is to detect any infection or decay in these areas.
- An in-depth review of your medical history.
- Radiographic Findings. Your radiographs (X-rays) will be evaluated in detail to discover the extent of the infection and deterioration.
- Treatment planning to devise the best approach to treatment.
- Advice as to all the advantages and disadvantages of all your treatment options.
Following this examination and treatment diagnosis, the Periodontist will provide you with an in-depth report outlining all the major issues and their recommendations for treatment. Keeping your gums healthy.
They’ll also provide you with a prognosis assessment so that you fully understand the consequences of the infection and what treatments can rectify the situation for the future. The fee for this consultation and assessment with the Specialist Periodontist is £200.
Most treatments are comfortable and take place under a local anesthetic. However, we can offer sedation when the treatment is more involved and extended. Find out more.
It is important to note that after treatment you may expect a little discomfort in the treated area depending on the extent of the treatment. This can include pain, transient bleeding, and post-operative sensitivity. All these things are signs that good healing is taking place.