Last Updated on
After your initial consultation and or after any examination appointments, you may feel that you need more time to understand the advice that has been given to you. If you’re still unsure about your options, you may wish to book a secondary consultation.
There is usually no fee for secondary consultations, as we consider it an adjunct to previous discussions.
Making it easier for you to decide
During this appointment, you can re-clarify your understanding and ask any questions to help you further. We can go over all the points that we may have already discussed or addressed any further issues.
Many patients find these accessory consultations useful, especially when considering larger more complex Treatment Plans. Why do patients choose us?
Also, some patients may want to discuss their treatment with their partners, family or friends before making a decision as to which recommendation they prefer. A secondary consultation gives them that time to reflect and make well-informed decisions. Browse our testimonials.
Points covered in a Secondary Consultation:
- We can address any further questions you may have.
- We can re-visit your previous choices and explain them further.
- We can discuss what is involved in the treatments and how we do them.
- We can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of all your treatment options.
- We can show you before and after photographs of similar cases for you to better understand your treatment possibilities.
- You might want to bring along a partner or friend second time around to help you make your decision.
- We can go over all your finance options to make the treatment more affordable and cost-effective.
- You might feel more comfortable just by having another visit to make sure we are the practice for you. We always try our best to make all our patients feel relaxed and welcome.
Sometimes, especially when Multidisciplinary Treatment Plans are being considered, with multiple specialists, you may require further consultations to clarify the process and what it all entails. Read more on other consultations.
After your Initial Examination and Primary Consultation, we’ll await important feedback from other dentists and specialists before we can put together and collate a definitive Treatment Plan.
This is true of complex cases requiring a multi-focus approach. Meet our team today.
We would be happy to organize any Secondary Consultations to help you find the most suitable way forward for your dental health. Contact us on 01992552115 for more information on all our consultations.