Any treatment we do is always aimed at protecting your teeth from any harm and to prevent any future damage from occurring.
Once upon a time, porcelain had to be of a certain thickness otherwise there would be an increased risk of breakage.
So, to allow for the thickness of porcelain either the teeth ended up looking very thick or we had to cut into the teeth to make space for the porcelain.
This treatment was then reserved for people who understood this situation.
However, nowadays, thanks to innovative technologies we have been able to compress porcelain in ingenious ways that we no longer need to do as much tooth preparation as before.
With treatments like Ultrathin Veneers we have managed to compress porcelain in such a way so that we can create very thin (contact lens-thin) veneers.
We fully understand that the more dentistry you have done the weaker your teeth become.
For this reason, we take much time in planning, assessing and analyzing that the treatment options we discuss with you will provide long-term stability and harmony to your mouth. Repair your teeth with us today.
We also base all our work on a healthy foundation and help you to sustain that condition in your mouth
On top of this when we do the actual treatment it is in the most conservative and preservative way possible, using clinically proven techniques and superior materials.
The bonding materials and strengths that are used to bond veneers onto your teeth are innovative, cutting edge and extremely strong.
This ensures long-lasting, comfortable treatment that is also cost-effective for you.
If porcelain veneers are carried out in inexperienced hands (both the dentist and the laboratory technician) then you can end up with increased tooth preparation and inferior quality of veneers.
This introduces weaknesses in the veneers, the veneer bonding to the teeth and the actual teeth as well.
Subsequently, you may need these veneers replaced or further work done to the teeth introducing further weaknesses.
It is much better for teeth that we look very carefully and plan with future conservation in mind.
Another aspect that ensures the success of veneers is the proper selection of the treatment.
There are now so many different types of veneers, materials and brands on the market that it is essential to select that treatment which is the most compatible for the patient.
This ensures long-lasting treatment. At the Perfect Smile, we will ensure you choose the right veneers for your smile.
For this reason, a proper comprehensive assessment is necessary to establish the correct Treatment Plan that is customized to you. Aftercare
Another important point is that dentists that are highly trained, skilled and knowledgeable in veneer treatment carry out the treatment.
You will be pleased to know that all our dentists have been doing these treatments for many years.
In fact, all of them are recognized as eminent leaders in the field of aesthetic dentistry through their teaching and training of other dentists.
They are also members of the largest aesthetic organization in the industry called the British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry.
Our dentists are either past presidents, committee members or on the Board of Directors. Reasons to have veneers.
No preparation or minimal preparation
Our aim will always be to do no preparation or minimal preparation for veneer treatment.
This is the main reason why our dentist set about establishing Ultrathin Veneers.
20,000 beautiful white veneers fitted since 1994
These are contact lens-thin veneers that have beautiful aesthetics and that are extremely strong when bonded too.
We also always provide you with conservative options such as Short-term Adult Orthodontics which align the teeth correctly before any veneer treatment is considered.
All these choices minimize any damage to teeth.
It is imperative that if you are considering this type of treatment you must ensure that the correct treatment planning is carried out that is completely compatible with your situation.
This means that before the selection of any treatment you must have a comprehensive detailed assessment carried out.
Many of our patients also find it useful to have a complimentary consultation beforehand to get an idea of the types of treatment available at one of our consulting rooms in London or Hertfordshire.
Call us on 01992 552115 for more information on how our dental veneer treatments can help you.
Spreading out the cost of your dental veneers
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
Things to know before getting veneers:
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Stronger oral health foundation
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
Natural-looking, high-quality porcelain veneers
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot