Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and injections since no tooth is being cut.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down after the final fitting – this is quite normal and nothing to worry over.
It usually only lasts for a few days through the recovery process and soon after subsidies.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded using a special cement to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases involving many treatments, you may experience a little discomfort while your teeth settle down.
Your specialist dentist will discuss what to expect after any treatment at the examination stage.
What to expect
The clinical assessment is an essential appointment, after which you will fully understand how your treatment will proceed.
The doctor will also highlight what to expect, and you will have plenty of opportunities to have all your questions answered. See the trial smile.
The thoroughness of the clinical assessment is also very essential – this is very important so that the appropriate treatment is selected; the more compatible the treatment plan, the better suited it will be for you.
Plus, you are more likely to avoid any major oral health problems.
It also means that you are less likely to experience difficulties during the treatment.
It is important to also follow all the relevant advice given before, during and after the treatment.
If this advice is not followed then you can end up experiencing discomfort from other associated conditions such as sore gums or infection. Our latest technology creates super thin, durable aesthetics.
Choice of veneer brands
We stock all brands, Durathin, Lumineers etc. and a range of materials from porcelain to composite, all with crystal transparent, highly competitive prices.
Dr David Bloom would be delighted to show you your options.
The skill and experience of the clinician are just as important as the right choice of treatment – this will ensure that the actual treatment progresses smoothly without any hiccups.
We aim to give you a pain-free experience.
So as much as is possible, we will select those treatments that are also known for their comfort and longevity.
For example, we select Ultrathin veneers whenever possible since there is minimal or no preparation, which means you are less likely to experience discomfort or pain.
We also have a dedicated team focused on helping patients who also have a dental phobia or any level of dental anxiety – we understand that this can give you an uncomfortable experience if not managed correctly.
Additionally, we can reassure you that we will use various things to help make your treatment free from pain.
These treatments can include special techniques for pain control, an absolute pain-free local anaesthesia and unique calming products such as NuCalm.
We have been helping patients with anxiety for over 25 years.
We have set up all our treatment protocols to alleviate pain and anxiety as much as possible.
With every treatment we carry out at our Hertfordshire clinic, we do so to make sure that we improve the oral health of your mouth, teeth and gums.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down after the final fitting – this is quite normal and nothing to worry over. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and how many shells are required to achieve your desired smile. In some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- To prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile to minimise tooth preparation. We also provide options to have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way, your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal, or hardly any tooth preparation becomes necessary.
- If you are concerned, we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) is more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- You will be charged per veneer, so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before we can fix veneers, this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
What conditions can affect veneers?
- Bruxism and teeth grinding can affect veneers
- Root canal infections
- Patients suffering from tooth decay or gum disease will be able to receive veneers. However, your oral hygiene and foundation will need to be treated and strengthened first by Dr Rahul Doshi, who, once ensured your mouth is healthy, will be able to prescribe veneers.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth and instantly change your appearance.
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Initial Stage: comprehensive assessment|
|Follow Up Appointment: the trial smile|
|Review Appointment: Review & shade selection|
|Application Stage: the fitting visit|
|Last Stage: the final review visit|
Dentists with a particular interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on May 24, 2022