Teeth in a day is a wonderful and innovative technique used in restorative dentistry, which allows suitable patients the options to replace their missing teeth in one day.
We have placed over 7,000 implants.
The process sees dental implants being placed and new fully functioning, natural teeth being attached immediately.
A same-day smile procedure can be used to replace individual to multiple tooth loss – they can also be used to anchor and secure dentures.
Dental implants vs immediate implants
- Dental implants are small fixtures placed under the gum to work as the roots of a missing tooth.
- A crown or artificial tooth is then fitted to match the rest of your teeth and will improve your smile/bite.
- Implants are used to replace one tooth or multiple teeth for a healthy smile that looks and feels natural.
- The procedure is not too painful, but can discomfort can be treated using a local anaesthetic.
- After treatment, the implants will integrate with the bone. This process takes at least 3-6 months.
- If the implants are stable enough then artificial teeth can be attached immediately after placement.
The traditional implant procedure can require at least three months between implant placements and the final restoration.
This is to allow a period called osseointegration to take place.
Osseointegration describes the time it takes for the implant to fuse and bond with the jaw.
This will give the implant a better chance at success as it does not bear any load from the new permanent teeth.
This will ensure that the period that follows the placement focuses on the area being healed before the final replacement teeth are attached.
However, temporary teeth restorations can be made for patients not wanting to be left gaps.
Immediate implant guide:
- Can immediate implants loosen they fall out?
- Can my implants be done in one visit?
- Is the process painful?
- Which implants are the best?
Latest technological advances
It is now possible to have an implant placed immediately – the final replacement crowns, bridges or dentures can be attached the same day, which allows patients to our clinic with their new smiles.
This system is commonly referred to as All-on-Four/All-on-Six and is a quick solution for patients looking for an affordable tooth replacement system.
Same day teeth can:
- Make you more confident
- Improve your bite and speech
- Allow you to feel happier in your appearance
- Strengthen your oral health
- Save time and number of dental appointments
Immediate implants are mostly only recommended once a detailed and attentive clinical evaluation is used to determine the correct diagnosis.
- The restorative dentist will first take an X-ray or impression of your jaw. This will allow them to create an identical copy of your mouth to custom design your implants. CT Scans may be used to draw up a 3D image to identify if there is enough jaw bone present to place the implant. It will also outline where your nerves and sinuses are positioned.
- On the day of the implant placement, a full arch prosthesis will be fixed and attached.
Your dentist will then be able to direct you towards the correct choice of implant treatment.
Which patients are not suitable for implants in a day
When using this type of implant system it is crucial for successful implantation that the dental implant must be stable after being surgically placed.
For this reason, this system can only be used in cases that seen to have a good dense bone.
Hence, if the quality and quantity of bone are not deemed good or strong enough, then precursor treatments such as bone grafts may have to be considered.
If pre-implant treatments are indicated then Same Day Implants will not be applicable.
These cases will still be able to have a form of implant treatment but the protocols will be different and a provisional restoration or prosthesis will not be provided.
This is because only if the bone is stable and supportive can there be biting forces applied to the teeth.
These biting forces stimulate bone growth into the threading of the implant screw structure.
In areas of good dense bone, there is not much work for the bone osteoblasts to work in order to lay down more bone and for the bone to fuse with the implant (osseointegration) to occur.
The implant is already steady and firmly fixed in the bone.
This creates the confidence to allow the patient to be able to use the implant teeth.
This is called Immediate Loading.
- Our patients have an immediate restoration so self-confidence will not be affected since they will not be without a tooth at any time
- The patient will not have to wear dentures
- By having provisional teeth made at the time of implant placement, the dentist can contour and condition the gum profile around the implant quicker than with a conventional protocol
- The speech will not be affected
- The patient can continue to eat properly without having to adjust to dentures
- The treatment is cost-effective
An important consideration is that this treatment is very technique sensitive and so must be carried out only by a very skilled implant clinician, like the Perfect Smiles’ Dr Gurs Sehmi.
It is also very case-specific and can only be an optimal treatment if used in the right situation.
At The Perfect Smile, we have specialists that not only help in the selection process of your choices and the actual implant treatment but also in the aftercare of these solutions.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We would like to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful at all due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to deeply numb the bone and gum.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: Your new implant(s) will be surgically placed in your mouth.
- Step 3: On this review appointment we will assess your healing and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: Records and impression will be taken to construct the top part (post and crown) of the implant.
- Step 5: The final part of the implant (post and crown) will be fitted.
- Step 6: This appointment gives you the opportunity to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When a tooth is removed from the mouth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height and width and volume. This may have an effect on the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth as well.
- The larger the width of the bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
Competitive & Affordable Costs
The price of a dental implant can depend if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, it’s typically recommended that dental implants aren’t placed for under 18 years old. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
Oral Health Benefits
When we implant a titanium implant into the jawbone, it becomes part of your oral foundation.
This offers a number of health benefits that include preventing any bone loss whilst supporting the jawbone structure and reduces the risk of gum disease. More.
Successful Dental Implants Can Last a Lifetime
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost? The price of a dental implant can depend if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful? You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant, however, with modern anaesthetics the discomfort is kept to a minimum.
Post-process there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth? Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced implant team
Unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- Are Dental Implants Regarded As Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Can Dental Implants Fall Out?
- How Expensive are Dental Implants (UK)?
- Why Implants Might Fail
- Does The Procedure Hurt?
- 5 Benefits
- The Danger of Dental Implants Abroad
- Replacing Implants
- Are They Safe for My Teeth?
- Dentures Vs Implants: Which is Better?
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot