At The Perfect Smile can now extract failing teeth and insert dental implants in their place on the same day.
On the day of the surgery, you will have the dental implant surgically placed into your jawbone with a provisional crown, allowing you to use the tooth in the same appointment.
The provisional crown is made of a very hard plastic material.
This means that you will not have any functional, aesthetic or speech interruptions meaning you can eat, smile and talk normally with confidence.
This differs from conventional implants that can take up to 3 months before a provisional crown is provided that can be actually used.
Teeth in a Day: The Facts
There are a few misconceptions about same-day implants.
Many people believe that the entire treatment will be completed in one day including the porcelain component of the implant tooth.
However, this is not the case.
On the day of the surgery two situations can occur:
- The implant is surgically inserted and a provisional (temporary) crown is placed on top of it. This means you get a tooth on the same day of treatment and not have to wait for a few months for osseointegration to occur. See process.
- A failing tooth is extracted, and an implant placed into the empty socket of the tooth. This means both the aesthetic look and your ability to speak are retained.
Thereafter, once the implant treatment has been reviewed and deemed successful, the definitive porcelain restorations that fit in the place of the plastic provisional restorations are created. However, this can take a few months.
Dental Implants Explained:
- Dental implants are small fixtures placed under the gum to work as the roots of a missing tooth.
- A crown or artificial tooth is then fitted to match the rest of your teeth and will improve your smile/bite.
- Implants are used to replace one tooth or multiple teeth for a healthy smile that looks and feels natural.
- The procedure is not too painful, but can discomfort can be treated using a local anaesthetic.
- After treatment, the implants will integrate with the bone. This process takes at least 3-6 months.
- If the implants are stable enough then artificial teeth can be attached immediately after placement.
- Can They Fall Out?
- Can Dental Implants Be Done in One Visit?
- Are They Painful?
- What Implants Are The Best?
When areImmediate Implants Recommended?
A detailed and attentive clinical evaluation will provide the correct diagnosis.
Your dentist will then be able to direct you towards the correct choice of implant treatment.
An important consideration when using this type of implant system is that the dental implant must be very stable after having placed in surgically.
For this reason, this system can only be used in cases that seen to have a good dense bone.
Hence, if the quality and quantity of bone are not deemed good or strong enough, then precursor treatments such as bone grafts may have to be considered.
If pre-implant treatments are indicated then Same Day Implants will not be applicable.
These cases will still be able to have a form of implant treatment but the protocols will be different and a provisional restoration or prosthesis will not be provided.
This is because only if the bone is stable and supportive can there be biting forces applied to the teeth.
These biting forces stimulate bone growth into the threading of the implant screw structure.
In areas of good dense bone, there is not much work for the bone osteoblasts to work in order to lay down more bone and for osseointegration to occur.
The implant is already steady and firmly fixed in the bone.
This creates the confidence to allow the patient to be able to use the implant teeth. This is called Immediate Loading.
Full implant treatment in a jaw without teeth
It is also commonly used when a single tooth is failing at the front of the mouth and it has to be extracted.
In these situations (only if the bone quality is good) the tooth is extracted and the dental implant plus plastic provisional crown is placed (in place of the original tooth) in the bone all on the same day.
So, the patient walks into the practice with their own failing tooth and leaves with the implant tooth.
- The patient’s self-confidence will not be affected since they will not be without a tooth at any time
- The patient will not have to wear dentures
- By having provisional teeth made at the time of implant placement, the dentist is able to contour and condition the gum profile around the implant quicker than with a conventional protocol
- The speech will not be affected
- The patient can continue to eat properly without having to adjust to dentures
- The treatment is cost-effective
An important consideration is that this treatment is very technique sensitive and so must be carried out only by a very skilled clinician, like Dr Gurs Sehmi.
It is also very case-specific and can only be an optimal treatment if used in the right situation.
At The Perfect Smile, we have specialists that not only help in the selection process of your choices and the actual implant treatment but also in the aftercare of these solutions.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We would like to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful at all due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to deeply numb the bone and gum.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: Your new implant(s) will be surgically placed in your mouth.
- Step 3: On this review appointment we will assess your healing and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: Records and impression will be taken to construct the top part (post and crown) of the implant.
- Step 5: The final part of the implant (post and crown) will be fitted.
- Step 6: This appointment gives you the opportunity to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When a tooth is removed from the mouth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height and width and volume. This may have an effect on the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth as well.
- The larger the width of the bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
Competitive & Affordable Costs
The price of a dental implant can depend if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, it’s typically recommended that dental implants aren’t placed for under 18 years old. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
Oral health benefits
When we implant a titanium implant into the jawbone, it becomes part of your oral foundation.
This offers a number of health benefits that include preventing any bone loss whilst supporting the jawbone structure and reduces the risk of gum disease. More.
Successful Dental Implants can last a lifetime
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost? The price of a dental implant can depend if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful? You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant, however, with modern anaesthetics the discomfort is kept to a minimum.
Post-process there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth? Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced team
Unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.