Teeth in a day is a beautiful and innovative technique used in restorative dentistry, allowing suitable patients to replace their missing teeth in one day.
We have placed over 7,000 implants.
The process sees dental implants being placed and new fully functioning, natural teeth being attached immediately.
For instant results, we offer same-day smile procedures which replace multiple tooth losses in one sitting. We also use this same procedure to anchor and secure dentures.
Dental implants vs immediate implants
- Dental implants are small fixtures placed under the gum to work as the roots of a missing tooth.
- A crown or artificial tooth is then fitted to match the rest of your teeth and will improve your smile/bite.
- Implants replace one tooth or multiple teeth for a healthy smile that looks and feels natural.
- The procedure is not too painful and uses a local anaesthetic.
- After treatment, the implants will integrate with the bone. This process takes at least 3-6 months.
- If the implants are stable enough, then artificial teeth can be attached immediately after placement.
The traditional implant procedure can require at least three months between implant placements and the final restoration.
The three months allows for a period called osseointegration to take place.
Osseointegration describes the time it takes for the implant to fuse and bond with the jaw.
Osseointegration gives the implant a better chance at success as it does not bear any load from the new permanent teeth.
However, temporary teeth restorations can be made for patients not wanting to be left gaps.
Immediate implant guide:
- Can immediate implants loosen they fall out?
- Can my implants be done in one visit?
- Is the process painful?
- Which implants are the best?
Immediate implants are mostly only recommended once a detailed and attentive clinical evaluation is used to determine the correct diagnosis.
- The restorative dentist will first take an X-ray or an impression of your jaw. This data will allow them to create an identical copy of your mouth to custom design your implants. CT Scans draw up a 3D image to identify if enough jaw bone is present to place the implant. It will also outline where your nerves and sinuses are positioned.
- On the day of the implant placement, a complete arch prosthesis will be fixed and attached.
Your dentist will then be able to direct you towards the correct choice of implant treatment.
Latest technological advances
It is now possible to have an implant placed immediately – the final replacement crowns, bridges or dentures can be attached the same day, allowing patients to our clinic with their new smiles.
This system is commonly called All-on-Four/All-on-Six and is a quick solution for patients looking for an affordable tooth replacement system.
Which patients are not suitable for implants in a day
When using this type of implant system, it is crucial for successful implantation that the dental implant must be stable after being surgically placed.
For this reason, this system is only applicable to patient cases who display dense bone.
Hence, if the quality and quantity of bone are not deemed good or strong enough, precursor treatments such as bone grafts may have to be considered.
These cases will still have a form of implant treatment, but the protocols will be different, and a provisional restoration or prosthesis will not be provided.
This is because only if the bone is stable and supportive can biting forces be applied to the teeth.
These biting forces stimulate bone growth into the threading of the implant screw structure.
- Our patients have an immediate restoration, so self-confidence will not be affected since they will not be without a tooth at any time.
- The patient will not have to wear dentures.
- By having temporary teeth made at implant placement, the dentist can contour and condition the gum profile around the implant quicker than with a conventional protocol.
- The speech will not be affected.
- The patient can continue to eat correctly without having to adjust to dentures.
- The treatment is cost-effective.
An important consideration is that this treatment is very technique sensitive and must be carried out only by a skilled implant clinician, like the Perfect Smiles’ Dr Gurs Sehmi.
It is also very case-specific and can only be an optimal treatment if used in the right situation.
At The Perfect Smile, we have specialists who help in the selection process of your choices and the actual implant treatment and the aftercare of these solutions.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
- Minimal appointments: Unlike traditional dental implant surgery, you will need fewer appointments
- No lengthy treatment time: The healing time is fast and effective, though individual to each person.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced implant team
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly skilled team with access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot