Dental Implants are Designed to Last
In general dental implants are not a treatment designed to fall out or fail. Dental implants should if properly taken care of last you your entire lifetime. Find out more.
Therefore, if implants were to fall out there have been a few major issues that have gone wrong. Click here.
At the Perfect Smile Studios these are the very same things that are analysed in great detail during your comprehensive detailed assessment.
We use advanced Treatment Planning techniques together with CT scanning imagery and 3D Digital guides to ensure accuracy of treatment.
This is supplemented via digital radiographs that allow us to study your jaws in closer detail.
Why would dental implants fall out?
- The main reason is that the implant has failed to connect properly to the bone. This process is called osseointegration and can take several months for the healing to occur.
- At times if we place a load-bearing dental implant they may not have time to properly join the bone since there may be undue pressures on the implant tooth during chewing and eating that prevent such connections from taking place.
- The design of the implant may be chosen such that there may end up having mechanical instability. This again stops the implant from connecting to the bone. The quality of the bone also plays an important part in this situation – a softer bone quality may prevent connection in a mechanical unstable implant.
- Certain implant designs are created to allow human bone cells to attach to the metal surface of the implant. Whilst others do not. In some cases, the implants that provide a better environment for connection are more suited.
- The surgical techniques used may be incorrect. This inhibits bone growth around the implant.
- There are various designs of implants that technically facilitate osseointegration so that structurally there is better support provided for any given situation. For example, certain implants would be better for softer bone and others would be selected for harder bone. Also, the approach to treatment can be customised depending upon which part of the mouth is being treated. Your implantologist will be able to select the most appropriate design according to your individual conditions.
Implants have a high success rate
The success of an implant treatment is dependent upon many factors such as quality of bone, where the implant is placed, the skill of the clinician, quality of implant and type of implant chosen.
However, in general with proper care and supervision implants have a 98% success rate and can last a lifetime.
At the Perfect Smile Studios, you can be assured that every effort has been made to make sure that we select the most appropriate implants for your particular situation. See: Are Implants Worth It?
We specialise in customising your Treatment Plans to suit your individual case and situation.
4.8 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 starsposted 3 months ago
I have had an excellent experience having my teeth done here. The staff are all lovely and Dr David Bloom is exceptionally good, explaining everything, making suggestions and the finished work was beyond my expectations. Crucial to my treatment was a referral to the periodontist to address gum disease that was present. I can happily recommend Dr David Bloom and his team as the standard of the work is superb. I am very happy with the work undertaken.
5 out of 5 starsposted 2 months ago
I had a great experience. I was made to feel so comfortable by the team and Dr Sam took time to explain the whole process. I had veneers fitted. I highly recommend them.
Why dental implants are right for you
Contact us for any questions, requests and further information; or to arrange a FREE Initial Consultation.
Our free no obligation Initial Consultation will be with our dentist and/or our Treatment Coordinators. The suitability of options discussed will ultimately be dependent upon your clinical assessment with a dentist at the practice.