Even the human body doesn’t last forever. This is especially true with the body or in this case, teeth that are undergoing continuous wear and tear.
Even natural teeth wear down over time. The most common question patients have is do veneers fall off?
However, ALL veneers are created with longevity in mind.
So when we create veneers we want to give them the best chance possible for survival and ensure long-lasting treatment.
We do this in several ways:
- Aesthetic dentistry is often elective. This means that it is done as an additional option and not as a necessity.
So if we are going to elect for improving your aesthetics you should fully understand its implications and limitations.
This can be discussed in a complimentary consultation to give you an idea and an understanding of the various possibilities.
If you want specific answers then you can have a detailed comprehensive assessment carried out whereby we will be able to answer your questions in more detail and as they specifically apply to you.
- Firstly we ensure that we have thoroughly investigated and carefully planned your mouth. This gives us the fullest information possible about the foundation of your teeth on which we are to build the new smile. It is also important to us that we devise a way of creating a new smile that is in accordance with your smile requirements.
After your assessment, we then carry out a very detailed and in-depth Treatment Planning.
This helps us to create a treatment plan that is highly compatible with your unique circumstances and mouth.
This treatment selection process is very important to ensure the longevity of the treatment.
- Thereafter, we use only the very best materials, systems, techniques and clinicians that are highly qualified to perform the treatment. Cutting corners can compromise your treatment.
- We then need to understand exactly what type of foundation your teeth have and how your jaws work dynamically with each other in different motions.
This gives us an idea of the “spaces” in which we can add veneers without causing too much impingement upon the normal functioning of the teeth.
If we do want to change the original bite and foundation then we must plan to do this very carefully with decisive checks along the way.
This is where the Trial Smile helps out a great deal in making sure that you are comfortable with the new teeth before we go to final fitting.
- The most important point of all is that the right type of treatment is chosen for the right case.
This involves customizing the veneers to the individual smile design. Hence the Smile Design and chosen type of veneers matter a great deal.
Our clinicians are hugely skilled at advising the correct treatment choices for you.
- Finally, we make sure that the construction of the veneers is of the highest quality to give the treatment the best chance of lasting a long time.
- This means that both the dentist and the ceramist must be highly skilled and experienced in designing, constructing and fitting of the veneers.
They also must be able to work together cohesively as a team as this treatment requires highly organized teamwork.
Once treatment is done, we then place you on a maintenance program that allows us to check carefully at regular intervals how your teeth and smile are doing.
This program consists of the dentist checking factors that they noted in the clinical assessment and the hygiene therapist following a prescribed treatment plan from the dentist.
- This monitoring is critical to be alerted of any changes sooner rather than later. Aftercare.
- We also encourage you to contact us should you feel even the slightest concern about your teeth.
Strict protocols are followed at the Perfect Smile Studios, the likelihood of any veneer treatment failing is rare.
It is also essential that your veneers are taken care of after the veneers have been fitted to your teeth.
The better you take care of them the longer they will last.
To optimise the lifetime of a veneer, you must follow a good oral hygiene regime at home and continue to have regular checks with both the dentist and the hygienist.
We will plan to ensure you choose the right veneers for your smile.
We offer a free consultation at our London or Hertfordshire consulting rooms.
How much do dental veneers cost?
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
How we prepare your tooth before the veneer procedure:
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Things to know before getting veneers
Frequently asked questions & additional veneer information:
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
We use a variety of types of veneers including Durathin, Lumineers, Ultrathin and a range of materials from porcelain to composite. One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- They cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on November 9, 2021