Our professional and experienced dental team at The Perfect Smile Studios are able to help you achieve your dream smile and improve your oral health foundation.
We have spent the last 25 years providing fantastic results for our patients.
“Now I finally have the smile I’ve always wanted”
“I was never happy with my smile so I bit the bullet and had 6 porcelain veneers fitted. I have always been a nervous dental patient and was very anxious about having this done. I shouldn’t have been! Rahul and his staff are amazing and made me feel very comfortable.
I was given a ‘trial smile‘ for a short time so I could see if I was completely confident with the shape, size etc and then we decided on the colour of the teeth together. – C Chuter, London
High-Quality Replacement Veneers
The most common reason for patients choosing to have veneers is because they are unhappy with their existing smiles.
We have seen many cases where patients are hoping to restore functionality and appearance as well as enhancing the shade and shape of their teeth.
- Protruding teeth
- Cracked, gummy or gapped smiles
- Minimising dental sensitivity
- Reducing the appearance of receding gums
Unhappy patients with existing veneers also visit our high-quality clinic for replacement veneer treatments in order to fix issues and improve imperfections.
Call: 01992 552115.
Reasons for unsuccessful veneers:
- General wear and chipping damage that can occur after a long period of time
- Fitted with a less qualified dental practice, who did not assess the mouth correctly causing the veneers to break
- Veneers appear thick or are the incorrect size leading to gum problems and mouth infections
Please note, we know how important it is to our patients to get their smiles just right.
So, when having your veneers fitted with The Perfect Smile, you have complete control.
Expect a preview of how your teeth will look, which should remove any concerns regarding whether or not you will be pleased with the outcome.
Why do veneers need to be replaced?
Just as natural teeth become damaged or worn, old porcelain veneers can chip.
If the chip is small this can often be smoothed again to look reasonable with little hassle.
If on the odd occasion the veneer fracture is large, it may need to be replaced.
This is normally a two-visit procedure, however, depending on your treatment and oral state, you may need more visits.
The first visit involves the removal of the old veneer, polishing the underneath tooth, taking an impression and other bite records.
The veneer is then made by the ceramics than fitted 2 weeks later.
In this interim time, you will be provided with a temporary veneer which will look reasonable.
We colour match additional veneers
The most important part is matching the shade, the colour, the texture.
For this, we will take multiple digital photographs.
Sometimes it may be better for you to visit the dental laboratory for the ceramist to see the shade directly.
The match of the front tooth shade is the most difficult and sometimes very difficult to match the neighbouring tooth.
For the best possible result, you may need to visit the ceramist on more than one occasion and try the veneer onto the tooth over a few visits to check the colour match. Learn more about different veneer options here.
Update Your Smile
It may be the case that only one or two of your veneers needs replacing or you have decided to have additional veneers fitted.
In these instances, we will carefully colour match your new veneers to your existing teeth and veneers for a seamless, natural-looking smile.
Thanks to ongoing advances in cosmetic dentistry, contemporary porcelain veneers have a much more realistic and natural appearance as well as improved durability and longevity.
Call: 01992 552115.
Old veneers are typically much thicker than the veneers available today so you will be delighted with your replacement veneers.
We can replace aged and worn veneers with the latest veneers available from top brands like Durathin.
Finally, an important part of the replacement is to understand the cause of the chip or fracture and prevent this from recurring.
The main cause is often the way the teeth bite or what dentist may term the occlusion.
With proper care and maintenance, porcelain veneers can last for 10 to 15 years.
Refresh your smile with additional veneers
If you have had veneers at the front of your mouth only it may be possible to have further additional veneers on your back teeth.
These can be porcelain veneers or sometimes composite veneers may be possible.
Most often the reason for having back additional back veneers is to widen the smile, create more regularity in the tooth proportions or to have a better colour match.
See: Replacement Veneers.
Sometimes you may have had upper veneers and you may want lower veneers.
This may be possible and an assessment of the bite is needed to check the possibility of this.
The process of having the additional veneers involves the same process as when you had the original veneers including visits for assessment, preparation, review and fit.
Sometimes additional visits may be required to achieve the ideal colour and shade match with the ceramist and specialist dentist.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
Transformed, natural-looking teeth
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
One of the most recommended treatments
One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- Cosmetically enhance the shape of your teeth instantly changing your appearance
- Corrects imperfections like chipped, crooked and gapped teeth
- Aligned & white teeth
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Protects the underlying tooth
- Improved oral hygiene
- Stronger support
- Powerful confidence boost
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: Comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: The trial smile|
|Step 3: Review & shade selection|
|Step 4: The fitting visit|
|Step 5: The final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a team of extremely skilled and highly-rated professionals, who have access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on June 22, 2022