Last Updated on
In order to work out the most suitable and appropriate treatment for you, we will examine your mouth in detail. This is so that we can establish the exact nature of the foundation of your mouth. We need a stable foundation before we can commence with any treatment.
Your teeth examination will involve:
- A review of your medical history. We need to know if there are any medical contra-indications to orthodontic treatment.
- We also do a dental history review. This helps us to understand the type of treatment you may have had in the past and its successful history.
- We then look inside your mouth and assess for any infection or abnormalities in your teeth, gums, bone and soft tissues.
- We’ll also do an examination of your facial muscles that you use when eating and speaking.
- We look closely at your jaw joints. An important part of orthodontic treatment is understanding your jaw relationships.
- We look for any abnormalities with regards to your bite. So we check for misaligned teeth, rotated and twisted teeth, deep or shallow overbites, under-bites, crowding, spacing.
- We perform a smile analysis and create a new smile design based upon your cosmetic requirements.
After the Orthodontic Consultation, you will be advised of the following:
Most appropriate choice of treatment
After having evaluated your entire mouth and discussed your specific requirements, we will go through all the available options for treatment and which we recommend is best suited to you. We offer popular brace treatments, including:
Length of Treatment
On average treatment takes about twelve to thirty-six months followed by wearing retainers long term, the orthodontist will advise you as to approximate timings for your own individual case.
The Frequency of Appointments Necessary
It is necessary to check appliances on a regular basis in order to monitor progress and make the necessary adjustments. This obviously necessitates taking time away from work for treatment to be carried out successfully.
Fee for the recommended treatment
The fee for the Orthodontic Consultation is £200. This includes any radiographs (x-rays), initial impressions or moulds of your teeth, the creation of study models, the creation of a report for you and the Treatment Plan. Read more on finance options.
The fee for the subsequent treatment will be based upon your choice of teeth straightening treatment. It will also be dependent upon the complexity of the actual treatment and whether specialist equipment is necessary. Straighten my teeth.
On this consultation appointment, your dentist will talk you through all your treatment options, all the advantages, and disadvantages of progressing with your different choices. You will then be able to select the most appropriate option for you. Are you interested in Invisalign? Find out more.
We offer a wealth of consultations for various dental treatments. You can book a free consultation to get a better understanding on how we can help you. For more information, contact us on 01992552115 today.