Patients with extra space between two or more teeth are defined by dentists as having spacing issues or “gap teeth.”
Is Invisalign clear aligners effective at fixing and closing gapped teeth? Of course!
Invisalign is highly effective at closing gaps spaced no more than 6mm – those with gaps larger than this may need to use other alternative brace systems or treatments.
Book an appointment with us and rectify gaps – call 01992 552115.
Here at the Perfect Smile, our Invisalign dentists and orthodontists recommend close large gaps in the mouth because they create pockets between the teeth and gums, where food can often get stuck.
This can cause tender, sore gums, which often leads to more severe issues like gum and periodontal disease.
Fast answers to common questions
- What is the best treatment for the gap between teeth? There are various treatments that can help, however, this will be entirely based on your oral condition and the size of the gaps. Braces and Invisalign often seem the most appropriate prescription, however, veneers and dental bonding can also be used to close larger gaps.
- How much does Invisalign cost for a small gap? As this is just a minor orthodontic fix, you can expect treatment costs to begin from £1,000 to £2,000. The most recommended type will be Invisalign Go, which is one of the most inexpensive forms of Invisalign.
- Are braces or Invisalign better for gaps? Invisalign will work faster and provide more accurate faster results.
- Can Invisalign fix multiple gaps? Invisalign can fix one or multiple gaps between teeth, however, the limitation of this treatment will only close gaps no larger than 6 mm on the upper or lower teeth.
Closing gaps with effective treatment
Invisalign is a tooth straightening brace system designed for teenagers and adults looking for alternative discreet treatments to straighten their smile.
However, bear in mind that patients will need a consultant to assess and examine their mouth to identify or diagnose any underlying risks or threats.
For example, patients suffering from gum infections, disease or tooth decay will need to have these issues treated before receiving their treatment.
- Crooked and crowded teeth
- Open bites
Important information about gaps in between teeth
Invisalign is an excellent option if you have spaces or gaps between your teeth.
They can be caused by:
- Gaps because of lost teeth
- Small spaces between teeth naturally
- Spaces created by the movement of teeth
The Invisalign aligner simply moves and repositions teeth powerfully and gradually closing gaps up to 6 mm.
Alternatively, the aligner can be used to create the ideal width of space to allow for an artificial tooth to be placed in the space.
If you are concerned whether the spaces in your mouth can be treated by Invisalign or not, please book in for one of our complimentary consultations.
Please call us on 01992 552115 to book an appointment with one of our expert orthodontists.
We will be able to shed more light on possible treatment choices for you.
- Provides a healthy oral foundation
- Keeps gum disease and cavities at bay
- Improves conditions such as Bruxism
- Straightens and brightens your smile
- Quick, easy and comfortable
- Removable and safe
Invisalign blog & articles:
- Types of Invisalign
- Invisalign examination and consultation
- 7 things you need to know about wearing Invisalign Braces
- 7 easy steps to straighten teeth with Invisalign
- Treatment length
- What does it involve?
- Preliminary work
- Wearing Invisalign
- Post- Invisalign Treatment
- Children and Invisalign
- Smile Guide for Parents